Wednesday, June 28, 2006


LAS VEGAS TRIP REPORT - Part 2


Hey Mike - can you come over here for a minute?

More fun stuff:

At Harrah's: I am in the big blind in a tourney and have 8-4os. No raises, so I stay in. The flop gives me a gutshot draw and there are no raises, so I once again stay. The turn makes my straight. I decide to have some fun and say "Hmmm ... do I have a four? I don't remember. Let me recheck my cards ..." I then place a bet to see if anyone would call. Unfortunately, no one did, but it was fun messing with everyone.

At Luxor: This guy who appeared to be pretty drunk told another guy at the table (a good player) "I wanted to get some of your big stack of chips." The second guys responds with "You'd have to work hard to do it." Well ... seeing the challenge ... I was dealt pocket Aces and decided to slow play. Well, this player with the big chip stack keeps matching my raises. He calls my final raise on the river and I have only a few chippies left. The board is a rainbow of low cards. The guy with the stack smiles at me and turns over his pocket Kings. I wait a second, then turn over my pocket Aces. *Ding - we have a winner! Yep - I worked hard. Yep - I got them.

At Luxor: I see this guy calling raises foolishly, so I tuck this little bit of info in my head. He had been drinking too much also - another good tidbit. I don't remember all the particulars of this hand, but after the turn I have the nut straight with Queen-something. No flush or full house draws are on the board. Now ... If the board reads 10-J-K-A and someone places a big bet, what would you put him on? He calls. The river is inconsequential. I figure that we are going to split the pot, but I raise anyway. He calls. We turn over cards and he does not have a Queen. What was he thinking???

At the Luxor: Flop shows K-J-rag. I have a Jack with a good kicker. Same guy raises, and I put him on K-something. His raise is minimal, so I stick around. The turn is a Jack. He raises, so I reraise a hefty bet. Hmmm ... what could I have?? He is running out of money, but decides to call. The river is another Jack. He checks. I put him all in for the rest of his chips. He calls and acts surprised to see that I have the final Jack. The quads win me an extra $20 from the Lux, a little icing on the cake.

I love the Luxor!

Final note: Slap me around if I ever attempt to play $2-4 limit again. As with many online poker rooms, the live play at 2-4 limit was just a bingo game of Hold 'Em - No Fold 'Em poker. I did play a little $3-6 at Stardust against some regulars there, and actually finished ahead. Picked up a few good tips in case I decide to try limit poker again.

Viva Las Vegas !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home