Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hot off the presses - lightning36 is exhausted and his poker game sucks ...

Well, if there is one thing I have found out about my online play, it is that when I am tired I play terrible poker. Not just bad poker -- terrible poker.

The two weeks before Thanksgiving are usually the busiest of the year for me. Unending lines of people and tons of phone calls and e mails have left me totally wiped out. I struggled to stay awake at my daughter's play last night, and today will be totally worthless for me.

As luck would have it, a Blogger Poker Tour event was scheduled for today. After losing some chips early on when a bad (for me) flop nutralized my starting hand, I made some very poor choices, called an all in bet, and slithered out of the tournament in the first 12 minutes or so. Just totally stupid play.

At least I am learning when I know my play will be bad. A week ago Friday, I found out in the morning that a charity poker tournament was scheduled for that evening. I had been lamenting my lack of home game play so this would have seemed perfect ... except that I was totally exhausted at the end of the week. What to do?

I decided to go out to the hall where the tournament was being played, survey the situation, and decide. I wisely chose to get back in my car and drive home.

So ... for anyone who saw me exit the PBT tournament ... yes, I sucked; no, I normally do not make such bad decisions; yes - I'm going back to bed before I do more stoopid things ...


However, a few hours of sleep, and ...


OPT tourney at Poker.com. I am in the final three and get pocket rockets. As luck would have it, the chip leader has QQ. But ... arrrrrgggggg.

I guess I'll have to settle for third, but I really thought that I'd win this one. Disappointing.

2 Comments:

Blogger MTC said...

Hey Light, that was nasty. You did a great job coming back from the short stack. It seems that every tournament on that site the blinds get so tough that you have no margin for error. I was 4th with 12 players to go, lost one hand and I was 11th out of 12. Good effort though, I think that moves you to 5th in points

2:24 PM  
Blogger imjusthere4thebeer said...

And here I thought my Rd 1 hammer drop tilted you...

Hope life slows down a bit so you can get your A game back...

Mike

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home