Monday, December 04, 2006

A good cash at the Poker.com $3000 Guaranteed today

After showing total donkitude in some SNGs today, I decided to give Poker.com's $3000 Guaranteed Freezeout a try. There was a decent field of 131 players. A key to doing well in these tournaments, of course, is not getting sucked out at the beginning. I played tight, but premium hands were far and few between. However, I did push hard when I had a hand, and thank goodness the percentages held up for most of the night. I don't think that I had a bad beat put on me, and I only lucked out on one hand. The result:


I played well when I was near the bubble and went to the final table in sixth place. Twice near the end of the tournament, I had four cards toward a flush after the flop. However, no flushes for me on the turn or river. I was the short stack of the final three and caught pocket 5s. I went all in and was called by the chip leader, who hit trip 10s on the flop. No regrets as I was taken out on a decisive play.
Can I can keep up the good play this week? I hope to make a good showing at The Mookie on Wednesday night (although it is at Full Tilt - which has not been kind to me recently), then play well at my monthly home game. I have been cashing in the home game on a regular basis, but now it is time to take the top spot.
I will be making my final 2006 visit to Las Vegas this month, so I hope that the momentum continues for the next few weeks. It would be a great way to end the year.

4 Comments:

Blogger WindBreak247 said...

Nice showing, bud!

11:35 AM  
Blogger MTC said...

WTG Light,If I can get home in time I may jump in the Mookie tomorrow. What time does that start again?

5:13 PM  
Blogger The Average Joe said...

Had some free time and thought I'd check out some other people's BPT blogs and ran into yours. Thought I'd say nice finish and cash Mr. Lightning!! Also, took the liberty to add you to my blogroll since you have my link.

Regards - Joey

7:27 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Nice cash Light! Good luck at the home game, i'll see you at the Mookie this week.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home