Wednesday, July 04, 2007


Nice Cash at Poker.com
Another second place finish, but this time at a Poker.com freezeout tournament. The final table was as tough a table as I'd been in for some time. I was down 100,000 to 15,000 at heads up, and almost managed to cripple my opponent. Final hand: I had top pair (6's) good kicker (K) and second nut flush draw on a flop of 4c-5c-6c. Unfortunately, my opponent had pocket 10's. The turn and river were both Aces with neither a club. Nope - none of the 14 outs came after the flop.
My tournament play has been strong this week. I've also won a token or two at Full Tilt, so I am waiting to try one of the $26 token donkfests. Should be interesting.
Las Vegas Trip Rescheduled
Since K9 Poker guru Shaggy seems to have fallen off the face of the earth and with some of the problems in getting my old house on the market, I decided to delay my Las Vegas trip from July until September. After going to Las Vegas four times last year, I will have only one trip under my belt through the first eight months of 2007. However, September is a nice time to be in Las Vegas -- not the blasted hot weather of July, and smaller crowds everywhere.
Happy 4th of July!

3 Comments:

Blogger TripJax said...

well done sir...

12:07 PM  
Blogger ashmc2 said...

Can’t beat that for $16.50.

4:41 PM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

you and TJ - always second banana. Well done, man. How do you have so much time to play?

And I am totally jealous of your Vegas trips. I've been to Vegas once in the past 4 years. And that was for one night, which I had to work and entertain clients. I ended up playing the Stratosphere midnight crap fest.

So jealous!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home