Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Second Bodog Bloggers Victory

Won my second Bodog Bloggers Tournament last night. Got chips early on when I got A-Q on a flop of A-Q-T with two clubs (I had none). With two clubs on the board, and hoping that no one had K-J, I made a huge raise and went heads up with smokkee. It turns out that smokkee had A-10, and I ended up with most of his stack.

Got busted down to a regular sized stack when the always dangerous irongirl flopped a set of 4's on me, then hit her boat on the river when a Jack paired the board. Unfortunately, the Jack gave me trips -- and led me to say "bye bye" to the chips I won from smokkee. However, the fours came back to help me when I when flopped a set of them and turned a boat against DangerMouse, taking most of his big stack.

I got low in chips and survived via suckout against wwonka, then got back in when I was all in pre-flop with A-K suited vs. wonka's 2-2. Two higher pairs came on the board, giving me the hand with my Ace kicker. Hey -- that is part of what goes into the 50/50% anyway, right?

It got pretty tough at the end since there were some outstanding bloggers playing, but the final results showed bayne_s getting fifth place, bdidde taking fourth, IG in third, and wwonka second. Now if I can just go a deep in The Mookie this week (will be tough with the Cubs game on), I will feel like I am finally getting back on track.

btw - My next trip to Las Vegas is now within three weeks. Yeah!

5 Comments:

Blogger bayne_s said...

wwonka limped AA from button, I called with JT because from way wwonka was playing I "knew" he had AA to limp.

Flop was KJT, I checked and he jammed. K on river counterfeited my 2 pair

11:51 AM  
Blogger DangerMouse said...

Congrats on the win Light, you got me fair and square this week . . . twice.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Nice going in the bodonkey Lightning. You've been owning that tourney. Beware though I have a bubble 4th and third and a whiff in three attempts. Im coming for you. Gotta turn those T dollars into real moolah!!

Looking forward to another Vegas trip report

7:58 AM  
Blogger BigPirate said...

Nice one! again.

10:00 AM  
Blogger CEMfromMD said...

Great job on these. I am going to have to get some money on Bodog so I can join you in this one.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home