Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Nothing like being the Gigli

Full Tilt Poker Game #3817712339: The Mookie - The SoCo Legend (28960416), Table 2 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:07:36 ET - 2007/10/10
Seat 1: cemfredmd (3,525)
Seat 2: lightning36 (2,685)
Seat 3: DDionysus (2,955)
Seat 4: SirFWALGMan (3,075)
Seat 5: pushmonkey72 (2,745)
Seat 6: bdidde (2,970)
Seat 7: -o-LuckTruck-o- (3,045)
Seat 8: BuddyDank (3,045)
Seat 9: PouringReign (2,955), is sitting out
lightning36 posts the small blind of 15
DDionysus posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to lightning36 [7s 4c]
SirFWALGMan folds
pushmonkey72 folds
bdidde folds
-o-LuckTruck-o- folds
BuddyDank folds
PouringReign folds
cemfredmd folds
lightning36 calls 15
DDionysus checks
*** FLOP *** [4s 8c 7d]
lightning36 checks (he'll raise and I'll re-raise)
DDionysus bets 60
lightning36 raises to 240 (ding)
DDionysus calls 180
*** TURN *** [4s 8c 7d] [Jd]
lightning36 bets 540 (I know I have him beat)
DDionysus has 15 seconds left to act
DDionysus raises to 2,685, and is all in
SirFWALGMan is feeling happy
lightning36 calls 1,875, and is all in (Chance to double up early. I can't be behind?)
DDionysus shows [Ad 8d] (He went all in with this???)
lightning36 shows [7s 4c]
Uncalled bet of 270 returned to DDionysus
*** RIVER *** [4s 8c 7d Jd] [Kd] (Do you fucking believe this?)
DDionysus shows a flush, Ace high
lightning36 shows two pair, Sevens and Fours
DDionysus wins the pot (5,370) with a flush, Ace high
SirFWALGMan: oof
lightning36 stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5,370 Rake 0
Board: [4s 8c 7d Jd Kd]
Seat 1: cemfredmd (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: lightning36 (small blind) showed [7s 4c] and lost with two pair, Sevens and Fours
Seat 3: DDionysus (big blind) showed [Ad 8d] and won (5,370) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 4: SirFWALGMan didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: pushmonkey72 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: bdidde didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: -o-LuckTruck-o- didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: BuddyDank didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: PouringReign didn't bet (folded)

Out in eight minutes. I am happy to report that the wireless mouse did not go flying across the room. It did know that I was angry, though ...

3 Comments:

Blogger CEMfromMD said...

I was in disbelief myself that he called you with nothing but middle pair and a flush draw. I got done in later when my pocket queens were called by K/10 preflop...and the jerk knew he was behind and called anyway. Unfucking real the play in these blogger tournaments anymore.

2:35 PM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

yeah that's a tough one. He had top pair on the flop and probably figured you were messing around. Then he had the nut flush draw (8 outs) any 8 (2 more outs) any jack (3 outs) and any ace (3 outs) for a total of 16 outs. It's marginal, but I think he was just trying to make you fold. Not completely sure it's a bad play there on his part.

2:56 PM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

I read your comment and I agree with your POV. He was obviously trying to get lucky and chase his flush or other outs. No doubt about that. Some people like to get lucky early and double up or get out quick. It's bad poker mentality but you will find a lot of people who do that. I did it a few times last night after going on some massive tilt. It happens.

I also find that my biggest loses are when I 'defend' my blind or even just complete against the BB. You flop the dream flop and then eventually lose and kick yourself for ever playing 74o. I don't that very often anymore. If I am HU against the BB I will usually either fold or raise. And if I am the BB I will be very careful.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home