Friday, October 19, 2007

Leaving for Las Vegas on Saturday


Geez - it seems like I was just in Las Vegas last month ...

This trip is actually work-related. I will be attending some workshops Sunday through Tuesday, then am staying until Thursday to get in a little extra time reserved just for poker.

Where to go -- what to do? I may or may not connect up with fellow blogger Schaubs, who is going for the weekend with a few of his friends. Sunday night looks to be about the only time we could meet up, so I hope we can donk a few hands at a table or at last grab a drink and plot strategy for the upcoming Battle of the Blogger Tournaments Two.

I am hoping to play either Event #13 or 14 of the 2007 Binions Poker Open. I usually play all my poker on the strip and have never actually ventured into Binions before. Sounds like a good test.

As for other poker playing in Las Vegas ... I will probably play at some of my usual spots (Ballys, Planet Hollywood, and MGM) and see about getting into a tournament or two at Caesar's, Venetian, or Sahara. A lot depends on the trafic in the poker rooms. I wanted to play at Planet Hollywood several times last trip, but the tables were nearly deserted.

I will be staying at the Imperial Palace all except the first night in Las Vegas. The room was cheap and you can't beat the location. I guess I'll have to find out about the legendary elevator problems first hand. And ... with all the ladies of the night who hang out around the IP, I won't have to worry about walking around in total silence late at night, as I will be serenaded with chants like "Hey Sugar," "Where you going, hun?" and "I'd sure like to make your night..."

Las Vegas - ya gotta love it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Schaubs said...

Hey, got your voice mail. Sorry about that. For sure we should try to meet up Sunday night if all goes well. I really have no idea where we will be and when, so we will just have to roll with it and see how it turns out.

I guess I could just poke around the IP, but what is with the elevator story? I never heard about that.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Lol your comment about Brandi on my blog.. Wonder where she scurried off too...?

3:36 PM  
Blogger MurryTheCat said...

Good Luck Light

6:36 PM  
Blogger MurryTheCat said...

Did you win so much cash your not coming back?

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home