Sunday, October 14, 2007

Disappointing End to Run in the World Blogger Championship of Online Poker


I played in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker today. With over 1,300 runners, I finished 248. I was doing fine -- at least surviving -- until I made a bone-headed call. It's disappointing that I did myself in at this tournament. I have had such a run of bad luck lately (see previous post) that I was surprised to see my hands holding up. They held up, yet I did myself in. Just very disappointing.

Of course, not just amateur players make these kind of wrong decisions. I had not seen how Scotty Nguyen decimated his stack at the 2007 WSOP Main Event until tonight. Looks like Scotty and I have something in common -- we are both human!

On a positive note, surflexus finished 29th (winning an iPod), and murrythecat was one of the early leaders and managed to have a respectable finish -- ahead of me!

Thanks to blogger buds schaubs and kajagugu for the encouragement along the way, and to dakota-xx from CardsChat for the same. Daks even followed me around for a bit when I got moved several times in a few minutes!

4 Comments:

Blogger surflexus said...

Thanks for the mention! The most fun I had in the tourney was when we were at a table together. I know you didn't make it as far as you wanted, but you did great!!
Have fun in Vegas! I can't wait to hear the trip report.

11:10 PM  
Blogger CEMfromMD said...

Great job in the Blogger event, you lasted far longer then I did.

Thanks again for commenting on my blog, I might give that Bodonkey a try. I just need a suggestion on how to get some money on Bodog, I am cashed out on there, and I am not sure if I can redeposit. Any ideas?

9:27 AM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

Awesome job man. I made my boneheaded play much earlier :-)

10:46 AM  
Blogger MurryTheCat said...

Hey Light, good effort. With a good start I was pretty dissapointed in my finish, actually got awful cards entire game. Should have found a way to get in the hunt. I also watched the last three hours of WSOP this week,Scotty made some poor plays. The guy who dumped his queens against Yangs Jacks made zero sense. If you call his preflop reraise you have to call his all-in on flop, nothing changed. Yang would have finished 9th.How about the Final Table chip leader going out 9th?

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home