Friday, October 05, 2007

CardsChat win at Bodog
In what is turning out to be a good week, I took down the CardsChat $10 buy-in tournament at Bodog today. The funny thing was, I had to get offline for about twenty minutes during the first hour. My chip stack was getting a tad low when I returned, but a few good hands took care of that.
No major suckouts for me in this tournament, but a crucial all-in that was called by AnnoDomino when we were heads up put me in position to win. I had pocket threes and decided to take a chance. I had been going all in several times in the previous half hour to keep my stack viable. Anno called with A-K, so the race was on. The flop and turn loaded me up well -- a 2, 4, and a 5. The river was an ace, completing the straight. I slow played middle pair a few hands later to take this tournament down.
The Mookie
Despite getting crap cards all night long in last Wednesday's Mookie, I somehow glided into 8th place. I missed the money by two spots, but it was nice to at least get to the final table.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Average Joe said...

I better take a reign-check on a tourny duel with you b/c it seems like you're on a major tear!!

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home