Thursday, November 08, 2007

I had a decent showing in The Mookie last night (20th out of 107) and played a generally respectable game. However, I made one big error -- called a large re-raise that I should not have -- and had to fold after the flop when my opponent put me all in. This lowered my chip stack significantly. I then couldn't get a decent hand to push. I finally had to push with a less than stellar hand and went out. But ... at least my play was much better than it had been.

I did get some good starting hands (mostly in bunches in the first hour or so), and doubled up when I flopped a straight and an opponent hit trips on the turn.

Next up is the Riverchasers tournament tonight.

I guess I am a fool, but I will give Illinois Charitable Games one last try. After all, a live $2,500 freeroll is kind of hard to pass up. With 1,000 starting chips and blinds increasing every eight minutes, this should be one heck of a donk-a-thon.

Update: Finished 34 out of 96 in Riverchasers. Has A-J and saw an Ace-high flop. Ran into Aces and lost over 60% of my chips. Had a couple coin flips with my pair vs two overcards and won them both. Unfortunately, had J-J and ran into K-K preflop. End of story.

2 Comments:

Blogger MurryTheCat said...

River Chasers,lol. Good luck in your charity game bud.

12:11 PM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

It was a pleasure playing with you last night. You will get your breaks as well. Thanks for the great comments, too. GL tonight.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home