Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bodonkey Victory # 4
Yo ho - tonight was a good night as I notched Bodonkey victory # 4 Tuesday evening. However, the most unbelievable player in this tournament was pokerpeaker, who was down to only 65 chips late in the tourmnament, took the lead, and gave me one heck of a battle at heads up.
The good cards came and went throughout the tournament, and several times I thought long and hard about making some calls that I eventually folded. I don't know if I made the correct call every time, but I think I knew when I was beat or if the risk was too big relative to my chip stack and place in the tournament.
The one chance I did take (and would take again in a second) late in the tournament was when we were down to three players (myself, pokerpeaker, and ScottMc), and ScottMc went all in with, I believe, TPGK. I had an open-ended straight draw and the nut flush draw, so I rested my fate in the hands of the poker gods. They delivered a Club on the river, and I knocked out ScottMc and went to heads up with peaker. We went back and forth for a bit, but I had a good feeling about an hour before that I was going to take down the tourney. The final hand: I had either top or second pair with a King-high flush draw and had peaker covered. We were both all in. Thank goodness the flush didn't hit, as peaker had the nut flush draw! My pair held, and it was over.
I don't know if it is Bodog, or perhaps the number of bloggers who participate in the Bodonkey, but I have had much more success at the Bodonkey than I have had at the Mookie, MATH, or Riverchasers. I seem to play better here, and the number of suckouts seems to pale in comparison to the old reliable Full Tilt suckouts on the turn and river. In reality, I think the play is much tighter and, might I actually say, better than at the other blogger tournaments. People usually don't push with crap like they seem to at the Full Tilt games, yielding fewer gawd-awful suckouts. It is not unusual to find all or most people still in the tournament at the first break.
The T109 that was added for the first five finishers will cover my buy-ins for the upcoming Bodog Poker Blogger Tournament Series that will begin next Tuesday. I am looking forward to some really tough competition on a site where I seem to do well.
And as always, a big thanks to smokkee, who set up these Bodonkey tournaments, and will have a major announcement regarding the upcoming series and the prize(s) we will be attempting to win.

6 Comments:

Blogger smokkee said...

the Bodonkey has been very good to you. helluva comeback by peaker. was fun to watch.

1:25 AM  
Blogger CEMfromMD said...

Great tournament man. Thanks again for letting me know about this tournament, I definately will be playing it every week, and got my first final table yesterday.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Terrific job, Lightning, and I thought you played great, especially heads up. I make that call, too, by the way. That many outs usually puts you ahead even if you don't have the best hand at the moment.

10:31 AM  
Blogger David Westbay said...

Congrats on the win! Well played.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

It takes a bolt of Lightning36 to stop a juggernaut.

11:26 AM  
Blogger The Average Joe said...

Nice "W" there lightning!!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home