Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Hand That Did Me In
I raised at the final table with JJ and was put all in by the chip leader, dwal78, a player who always seems to give me trouble. Wanting the victory and hoping he had a smaller pair or at worst A-something, I called. Once again, Full Tilt showed its typical play, bringing an Ace on the river to felt me in 9th place. It is always an Ace, and always on the river.

In looking back at my posts this week, I said, "It is balls to the wall time. I need to get myself adequately pissed off before the tournaments this week." Well ... I did final table them all, but 5th, 6th, and 9th wasn't what I had in mind.

Next up: Looks like I need to go on the road to Illinois Charitable Games and attempt to satellite into the main event, where first place is a trip to the WSOP Main Event.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mondogarage said...

Still, a pretty awesome run no matter how you look at it. I'll be pertty surprised if you don't take one of the last few BBT3 down.

8:20 AM  
Blogger CEMfromMD said...

Its tough when you make 3 good runs like you did this week, and dont quite get the wins. Lots of luck to you in this week.

10:31 AM  
Blogger The Average Joe said...

I remember u were the short stack after I exited 12. Great job in cashing and too bad your hand didn't hold up although I'm not surprised by another FullShit river...

You seem to be on a tounry tear and if it weren't for all the sick beats, you'd be a tourny juggernaut!! Keep it up!!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home