Friday, October 24, 2008

Random Friday Thoughts
1) Getting older - Yeah, it sucks getting older. I was thinking about playing a WSOP circuit event today. However, it would have meant missing work and driving 2 1/2 hours each way. In the younger years, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Today, I know that I want to be ... need to be at my best if I want to play my best and prepare to go deep in a tournament. I have crap to do at home, and I just wasn't mentally and physically where I felt I needed to be. The karma just wasn't right. However, one thing experience does give you is the wisdom to make better decisions. In the past, I would have gone anyway, made some donkey move, then been pissed for playing when I was tired. I will shoot for another day.

2) World Series - Well, I hope the Philly-area poker bloggers are enjoying the 2008 World Series. Best of luck taking home the crown. It just sucks, however, knowing that the best team in the National League is sitting home wondering how they could play such shitty baseball after having a kick ass season. I didn't believe in curses until Bartman. I believe, brothas and sistas, I believe!!

3) Television - What will be left to watch on television once the election is over? My television viewing usually consists of Prison Break, Survivor (finally getting tired of it), WSOP on ESPN, other poker shows, and anything dealing with the 2008 elections. Oh for the good old days when commentary about O.J. Simpson was on 24/7.

4) Cash games - After some horrendous losses at the cash tables, I am finally back playing some better poker. Knock on wood -- no terrible suckouts have been foisted on me this week. Did I just jinx myself?

5) Diarrahea of the mouth - See #3. It is amazing how political elections elicit some of the dumbest comments know to man. I will miss having politicians covered 24/7 in hopes that they will say something really stupid. Perhaps this weekend I will compile a list of the dumbest things said in relation to the 2008 election. Expect that the list would feature Sarah Palin, Joe Biden, Michelle Obama, Michele Bachmann (anyone else think she is cute?), ...

6) Maverick - I always considered myself a maverick as I was growing up and involved in work and organizations. Some people probably would have thought the term "asshole" suited me better. I may have missed out on some opportunities because I was independent, stood up for what I thought was right, and didn't follow along with the political sharpies who sucked up to gain power and control. But damn ... when I look back today, I am proud of how I got where I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mondogarage said...

Being independent and making up your own mind is cool, and not assholish at all. The problem with McPalin isn't being mavericks, it's misappropriation of the term in a dishonest manner.

You, on the other hand, seem to actually get it.

Damn, I wish we would have been hearing tales of your inevitable deep Circuit run, however. Your ability in that regard is evident.

Hope to see you kicking ass in the new Bodonkey!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home