Saturday, January 03, 2009

My Wild Card Weekend Picks

Wild Card weekend in the NFL provides some of the greatest football in the season. There is great potential to have close, exciting games. The potential is also there, however, to have a massive blowout or two. Momentum and match ups are often more important than regular season records. Calling these games -- a difficult task. I decided to go with these four propositions:

Atlanta Falcons vs Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons vs Arizona Cardinals -- 51 points - OVER
Indianapolis Colts - 1 1/2 vs San Diego Chargers
Baltimore Ravens - 3 1/2 vs Miami Dolphins

Yes, I am picking three road teams and actually giving up some points. I certainly don't claim to have any expertise, but I do believe that on Wild Card Weekend, you should pick the teams you think will win and say "screw it" to the points. I hate to give up the points to the Dolphins, though. I did notice, however, that the point spread to the Bolts/Colts game did go up a half point and the Cards/Falcons o/u did go up since early this morning. Does that mean the smart money is now starting to come in or does it mean the chump money is moving the lines? I decided not to touch the Vikes/Eagles game.

I am prepared to look like a chump come late Sunday night.

Good luck with your picks!

Update

I won the two "easy" picks (Over in Cards/Falcons game and Ravens vs Dolphins) and lost the two "hard" picks (Bolts vs Colts and Cards vs Falcons). Good thing I don't do this for a living.

1 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I like your picks. The one I like best is the AZ/ATL over! That just seems like it's too easy.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home