Sunday, January 18, 2009

Top Ten Finish in OFC Buy-In Event @ Ultimate Bet


It has been some time since I have made a good, deep run in an Online Forum Challenge event. Believe it or not, I actually won one of these suckers -- OFC #7 Special Event Freeroll in November 2006. I was hoping to become the first two-time OFC event winner.
I was never a major factor in the event until we neared the final table. Careful, disciplined poker (and only one suckout) got me as high as sixth place, but it ended for me right on the final table bubble when I was short stacked and ran A-7sooted into the bling blind -- who just happened to be a big stack and had A-A! However, aside from a small cash for tenth place, I also got a bonus of having $50 deposited in my account each month for the next three months. I'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home