Sunday, January 18, 2009

Traveling Back to 1978

Once every great while, my son and daughters are forced to listen to their old man regale them with stories from my younger years. This afternoon, I was reminiscing about some former girlfriends and dating experiences.


Later in the evening while returning from the grocery store, I heard I Love the Nightlife by Alicia Bridges on the radio. Immediately I was whisked back to 1978 -- to The Poison Apple in Normal, Illinois. After having a meeting earlier in the day with a new friend, we went out to The Poison Apple and had one heck of an evening -- at least what I can remember of it. The highlight was that, in a very inebriated state, we kept yelling at the disc jockey to play I Love the Nightlife. There were some problems, however. First, we kept calling him the wrong name, Bugsy, when his name was Mugsy. Second, we were so out of it we couldn't remember the title of the song. We kept yelling out, "Hey Bugsy, play Acccccccccc Shunnnnnnnnnn."
That was over 30 years ago. Does life get any better than that? Sounds like I need to go to a blogger gathering -- which I imagine closely replicates those nights of so long ago ...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home