Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hormones (or lack thereof) and Love
Okay -- so I'm driving home from visiting my mom this morning and I hear one of the shittiest songs of all time on the radio -- Love the One You're With by Stephen Stills. It features these great, sentimental lyrics:


If you're down and confused
And you don't remember who you're talkin' to
Concentration slips away
Cause your baby is so far away.

Well, there's a rose in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can't be with the one you love
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with

Don't be angry, don't be sad,
Don't sit cryin' over good things you've had,
There's a girl right next to you
And she's just waiting for something you do.

Well, there's a rose in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can't be with the one you love
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with

Any old port in a storm, huh? Of course, Stills was single at the time he wrote this song. He got married shortly thereafter. Surprised the marriage didn't work out?

On the other hand ... check out the lyrics from a Beatles classic -- I'm Happy Just to Dance with You:

Before this dance is through
I think I'll love you too
I'm so happy when you dance with me

I don't want to kiss or hold your hand
if it's funny try and understand
there is really nothing else I'd rather do
'cause I'm happy just to dance with you

I don't need to hug or hold you tight
I just want to dance with you all night
In this world there's nothing I would rather do
'cause I'm happy just to dance with you

Just to dance with you
It's everything I need
Before this dance is through
I think I'll love you too
I'm so happy when you dance with me

What was John Lennon thinking? He doesn't want to hold her hand, hug her, or kiss her -- just dance with her. Geeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz. No wonder he let George sing this song.

Low Rolling on the Cheap with Lightning

Breakfast: Toast and coffee at mom's house. Rest of the family sleeping late at home. Cost: $0

Lunch: Chicken Burritos from Meijer -- discounted due to upcoming expiration date -- and Coke. Salsa and salad from refrigerator. Cost: $7.50

Dinner: Little Caesars pizzas - one bacon, one green pepper, diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Rite Cola. Cost: 12.00

Three meals, family of five, $20.

Economic stimulus? Nah -- just born cheap.

2 Comments:

Blogger 1Queens Up1 said...

Little Caesars is the nutz

9:36 PM  
Blogger jamyhawk said...

"low rolling on the cheap".

I like it. More money for online poker....

I linked you up on my blog. See you in the BBT4.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home