Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10, 2009 Official Blogger Report of lightning36
Crazy Day at the Brit Blogger Tourney
How to crack Aces, lightning36-style. Actually, I was in the big blind with a short stack with no raise in front of me. Hey smokkee -- planning the ol' limp-reraise play? Dang -- he has gotten hold of my mtt playbook!

But okay -- plays like the following are the kind that make you want to give up online poker.

Full Tilt Poker Game #12142009202: Brit Blogger Game (89934808), Table 2 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:40:29 ET - 2009/05/10
Seat 2: Topper Church (1,578)
Seat 3: BrainMc (1,444)
Seat 4: NewinNov (2,125)
Seat 5: lightning36 (2,262)
Seat 6: Joanne1111 (5,729)
Seat 8: rubbishat (2,783)
Seat 9: Chippy McStacks (1,700)
rubbishat posts the small blind of 30
Chippy McStacks posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to lightning36 [Ks As]
Topper Church calls 60
BrainMc folds
NewinNov folds
lightning36 raises to 240 Standard raises have been 3x the BB. I'll raise it 4x.
Joanne1111 folds
rubbishat calls 210 Okay
Chippy McStacks folds
Topper Church calls 180 Okay
*** FLOP *** [Qh Kc 7h] Bingo!
rubbishat checks
Topper Church has 15 seconds left to act
Topper Church bets 180
lightning36 raises to 1,320 Heart flush draw on board. Pay to chase, gentlemen,
rubbishat folds
Topper Church has 15 seconds left to act
Topper Church calls 1,140 ???
*** TURN *** [Qh Kc 7h] [Ad]
Topper Church bets 18, and is all in
lightning36 calls 18
Topper Church shows [Jc Qs] What? He called off his stack and doesn't even have top pair or a flush draw?
lightning36 shows [Ks As]
*** RIVER *** [Qh Kc 7h Ad] [Td] The terrible call gets rewarded and I get screwed.
Topper Church shows a straight, Ace high
lightning36 shows two pair, Aces and Kings
Topper Church wins the pot (3,456) with a straight, Ace high
The blinds are now 40/80
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,456
Rake 0
Board: [Qh Kc 7h Ad Td]
Seat 2: Topper Church showed [Jc Qs] and won (3,456) with a straight, Ace high
Seat 3: BrainMc didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: NewinNov didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: lightning36 showed [Ks As] and lost with two pair, Aces and Kings
Seat 6: Joanne1111 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: rubbishat (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: Chippy McStacks (big blind) folded before the Flop

There is a reason some players only cash in four of their last 54 tournaments.

Blackhawks One Win Away from Advancing to Next Round

Bolland breaks tie as Blackhawks take 3-2 series lead over Canucks

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- With Chicago on a power play and the puck on Patrick Kane's stick, David Bolland found a soft spot behind the Canucks defense and trusted the puck was coming. The hardest part was waiting for it.
When the puck finally arrived, Bolland patiently gathered it and then snapped a shot past the stick of a diving Roberto Luongo and into an empty net. The goal with 5:05 left gave the Chicago Blackhawks the lead they turned into a 4-2 victory over Vancouver on Saturday night in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinal series. Courtesy of espn.com

Another exciting, great game between the Blackhawks and the Canucks. The Hawks let Vancouver have too many good chances in deep, but they came away win a much-needed win. The series returns to Chicago for game six on Monday night.

Yeah -- the referees made some shitty calls aganinst the Canucks (and the Hawks, I might add), but that is still no excuse for the Canuck fans to litter the ice when they are unhappy -- which they did twice. What would they think if one of the Sedin brothers skated into a piece of garbage and tore up his knee?

I called this series for the Hawks in six. I hope I am right. The Hawks certainly do not want to go back to Vancouver for a game seven.

Yo -- It's Mothers Day
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms! I am fortunate to still have my mom alive.

"A boy's best friend is his mother. " Norman Bates

Hmmm ... I don't think I have had the same relationship with my mother that Norman had ...

... but I have always known that no matter what happened, my mother would be there for me. She is 84 and going strong. Some gifts from God are wonderful!

17 Years Ago ...
My first child was born. How fast the time goes. I remember when she was just a beautiful baby. And now ...




... she has become a beautiful young lady. And yes ... that is the prom dress that she picked out with her mother.

First blogger to remark how she must get her good looks from her mother will be buying the first round at the WSOP or the next blogger gathering. And yeah -- I know at least a dozen bloggers that are thinking it. So there.

8 Comments:

Blogger OhCaptain said...

Happy Mother's Day to your wife.

As a dad of 2 daughters, I know full well they get their good looks from the mother...

11:43 PM  
Blogger TuscaloosaJohnny said...

I won't say anything about the looks, only to point out that you must be an old mofo to have a 17-year-old daughter.

7:08 AM  
Blogger 1Queens Up1 said...

Dude that table was crazy, I cracked AA, you crack AA, Chippy calls a raise with K-10o, your guy gets it in with squadoosh.

Brit Blogger ftw!

8:24 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Ha TJ -- I believe I was 13 at the time of her birth-- very mature for my age.

8:36 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

ditto to what OhCaptain said....

10:47 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

You're only as old as you act and feel, right? (I keep telling myself that.)

12:02 PM  
Blogger BWoP said...

I won't make any comments about her looks.

But I will say that I <3 the dress. She looks fabulous!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Shrike said...

Speaking as a forlorn Canucks fan:

blue is a nice colour.

-PL

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home