Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Mookie Win?
Believe it or not, I notched my second Mookie victory in a month by winning the July 29 tournament. The last victory came on July 1.

Another relatively small field (25) helped. Hitting many flops in the first hour helped. Catching no cards in the second hour sucked, but hitting the flops in the last half hour did the trick. Funny thing -- no A-A, no K-K, no Q-Q the entire tournament. But hey -- after waiting such a long time for the previous Mookie win, I will gladly accept this second one in July.

Weekend in Memphis
Time for a short vacation this weekend as I travel with my wife to Memphis for a little fun and relaxation. The trip will get off to a fun start by stopping for lunch at Lambert's Cafe , home of the "throwed rolls." The trip will include visits to the National Civil Rights Museum, Beale Street, Interstate Bar-B-Que (trying out this place for the first time), and a lunch at Corky's Ribs & BBQ, courtesy of fellow blogger Memphis MOJO, who plans on making good on our last-longer bet at the WSOP Seniors Event last month.

I have been to Graceland several times and do not plan to stop there, but almost feel like I should since Elvis's TCB (Taking Care of Business) insignia with the lightning bolt was 1/2 the inspiration for my online poker name, lightning36. Now you know!

A Prediction ...
I was pretty accurate in predicting the success of the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs. It wasn't that I knew more than others or had any special insights. It was just a feeling -- something only a lifelong fan could have. Well, the other night a very strong feeling came over me. My prediction: the Chicago Cubs will be going to the 2009 World Series.

I could certainly come up with logical reasons, like the Cubs' pitching and everyday line-up. But I won't. I just have that feeling. Again. And I believe.

6 Comments:

Blogger OhCaptain said...

Congrats on the Mookie win!

BTW - sweep. :-D

6:29 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on the win. See you Sunday!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Mike Heffner said...

you are playing about as well as I am playing bad in these tourneys lately.

run goot more please. :-)

10:01 AM  
Blogger BWoP said...

Congrats!!! Nice to see you at the tables again, even if that means you win every tournament I play.

2:48 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Nice work at the final table...the Lightning steamrolled over everybody.....

2:49 PM  
Blogger jusdealem said...

Congrats! Have fun in Memphis!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home