Friday, May 14, 2010

Announcing ...


After ck posted her initial list of bloggers heading to Las Vegas during the WSOP, I decided to see if there was a date common to many of the visits so that we might be able to get together for a short meet and greet. The day that seems to work best is Sunday, June 20. Since this will be a travel day for some and since others might be playing in a tournament later that day, I thought an early morning breakfast would work best. I am still working on details, but my initial thoughts were to make it around 8:00 a.m. or so at one of the Harrah's strip properties like Paris, Planet Hollywood, Harrah's or Flamingo. That way, anyone could purchase a Buffet of Buffets pass if they wanted to try that. UPDATE: Looking at the Rio @ 9:30 a.m.


Feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments section.


Oh yeah -- I am obligated to tell you that the announcement artwork was original and created by my youngest daughter, Erin. She loves art and has learned at an early age that it is even better when you are paid to create something!

10 Comments:

Blogger cmitch said...

ummm, if it is that early, please make it be the Rio so I can get up, eat, and go back to bed. Seriously, wouldn't the Rio be the best spot b/c some ppl might be playing there that day.

1:44 PM  
Blogger gadzooks64 said...

WTF are you thinking????

8 am on a Sunday??? GTFO!?!?!?

Ok, I'm in.

BTW, I totally checked out that 24 hour buffet bracelet deal. Price went up I hear from when they first started offering it but I'm still all about the buffet ticket.

2:18 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Yeah -- I saw that they increased the price to $35 since is was too good a deal and too many people took advantage of it. I don't know that I've ever eaten at more than one buffet in a day. Maybe I can spread out my piggishness.

2:30 PM  
Blogger gadzooks64 said...

The key to it is making the most of your 24 hours. I plan to work it hard. :)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

8am..seriously?

3:05 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Give Erin a raise, that's some *very* nice artwork.

3:06 PM  
Blogger BWoP said...

I'm with others . . . 8AM ON A SUNDAY???

I like cmitch's suggestion of the Rio. If I'm making it to an 8am Sunday breakfast, it's probably because I've cracked out in the poker room all night :-)

I'll include the info and banner in the next update.

5:29 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I was looking at the early start time to allow Memphis MOJO plenty of time to catch his plane. He said that he would be okay with starting later. I am thinking maybe 9:30 am @ the Rio then -- to give plenty of time for anyone to make one of the noon tournaments if they want (Venetian Deep Stack, Golden Nugget Grand Poker Series, Caesars Palace Mega Stack).

Sound good? 9:30 a.m. at the Rio?

7:08 PM  
Blogger BWoP said...

9:30am is much more doable IMO.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Ahhhhhhhh, wish I were going. Just wanted to say Erin must come from smart stock. In two years, she'll be blogging at artworkforentrytobloggerments.com.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home