Sunday, September 05, 2010

SWEEP !!!



Yes -- it was wonderful to see the Chicago White Sox -- the "Right" Sox -- sweep the series with the Boston Red Sox this weekend. Pity the poor BoSox who have a good record but play in baseball's strongest division.

Unfortunately, the new Evil Empire ...
also won eight of the past ten games and block the White Sox's path to the playoffs. Lots of big games will be coming up, including a big three game series when the Twinkees visit the White Sox Sept 14-16. I tentatively plan to head to The Cell to catch the middle game of the series. And OhCaptain -- poor misguided soul that you are -- I hope your Twins get the thrashing they deserve.

Auto News
I think I have found a car for my son. I am having a used car buyer's check done by a local auto shop Tuesday morning. If everything is okay I should be able to make the purchase soon, as the car is owned by an international student who just finished his PhD and is moving back to his home country. The car, a 2002 Mitshubishi Mirage, has only 34,000 miles on it. Seems to me that it should last forever or until my son destroys it.

And Finally ...
I hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend. Tomorrow looks like a great day to go canoeing at Turkey Run State Park. Catch ya on the flip side as long as I do not drown.

8 Comments:

Blogger KenP said...

Welcome to my state and its outstanding state parks. We also have a state surplus. ;)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Snuffy said...

Any team with Manny is destined to lose. Go Twins!

BTW I will buy you a beer at blogger weekend to toast to the Twins 6th division title over the last 9 years.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

Don't know what you did different but a title actually showed up in my blogroll

8:38 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...

@KenP -- The guy coming in as governor says that he will take care of our massive debt but WON'T raise taxes. Muhahahahahaha.

@Snuffy -- Got a feeling the White Sox are going to win the division. Their relief pitching is back. The Twinkees better not lose any more games. Da Men in Black are coming!

@ Wolfshead -- Finally went in and changed my blog settings.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Papelbon sure has sucked this year. Anyway, glad they swept. Have fun at Turkey Run.

1:00 AM  
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Stay away from Mitsubishi. Terrible cars. I don't believe the Mirage is a particularly reliable car.

8:38 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

the "Right" sox....more like the "Blight" sox...LOL. Enjoy Manny he won't be there next year but he may just decide to play hard for a few games. Don't expect him to do anything he's supposed to do though...he is one frustrating yet talented player.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Gah, good luck, but I can't root for any team desperate enough to take on Manny. But who knows, maybe we can still meet late next month, if'n ya know what I mean.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home