Monday, December 27, 2010

Coming Soon ...

The Rise and Fall of the K9 Poker Tour: How an Idea Hatched in Las Vegas Took Off Like a Bandit but Flared Out Way Before Its Time

ShaggyTrav & lightning36

lightning36 Challenge Update

An update of my progress in the "lightning36 Challenge" -- a takeoff on the Ferguson Challenge. I had less than $20 in my Bodog poker account and wanted to see if I could take it up tp $1000. My progress so far:

Dec 16, 2010: $19.97

Dec 27, 2010: $282.35

I have been grinding out mostly $.10/.25 NL 9-person tables. I started playing some $.25/.50 as my bankroll expanded. I've played in two small private tournaments but did not cash in either.

Surprisingly, most of my hands have held up. I took one really nasty beat when I flopped the nut straight and lost to a runner-runner full house. But we all know that flopped straights never win anyway, right?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

regarding the lightning36 challenge: are you going to do any sit and gos?

1:58 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I had not thought about SNGs, Mojo. I have actually never been an SNG type guy on Bodog or elsewhere. An incentive for the tournaments I entered was that they were private and had added money.

Had my first major suckout last night, so my horrble beat/suckout record is 1-1. I am up to almost $325 now.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home