Friday, December 17, 2010

Poker Forums to Consider

As I recover from the 2010 WPBT Winter Classic tournament and trip to Las Vegas, I thought I would list a few selected poker forums to consider in case you are bored with your current action or are looking to get in some discussions or tournaments with a new group of poker junkies.

An absolute monster forum is Cardschat, boasting a membership of over 75,000. Led by owner Nick and seemingly promoted 24 hours a day by dakota-xx, Cardschat hosts freerolls and small buy-in events while providing hand analysis, good poker citizenship, and friendly discussions. I have been a member for well over five years and have played numerous freerolls and tourneys. The play in the buy-in events is strong. There are few weak links among the regulars. Long-time members and others who have made exceptional contributions are invited to become loyalers, which opens the door to special freerolls and other perks. Cardschat hosts tournaments at Full Tilt, PokerStars, Bodog, and other popular sites.

Another great forum is the Shark Powered Network Forum, home of the Shark Poker Tour. I have been a member of this forum for over five years also and have played in countless private tournaments. The forum currently has over 7,700 members and provides a series of tournaments with great monthy prizes for the top players. Top shark David (FNG) works hard to provide a great poker environment. Regular tournaments are played at Ultimate Bet/Absolute Poker and Power Poker. You can often find me donking off my buy-in at the regular Thursday night "home game."

A newer and smaller forum that might be worth checking out is pokerology.com. I was recently alerted to this forum by one of my Euro poker buddies, DangerMouse. DM tells me that the site has a nice, friendly atmosphere with some good players and strategists. Information on the site states: "Pokerology means 'the study of poker' and it's our aim to provide the best free poker learning resource for poker players, from complete beginners to experienced poker professionals, and everyone in between." Sounds interesting. I see that the forum is having a Seven Card Stud tourney this weekend. Maybe I'll join and do a little teaching there myself!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Hmmm I've got an email or 2 from Danger Mouse. Maybe I'll actually read them. :)

5:09 AM  
Blogger gadzooks64 said...

Not a big fan of CardsChat after I tried to pimp the tour and they gave me a ration of shit.

Haven't been back since.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I've played in three or four of the Poker Shark tournaments -- Guess I should take a look at their forum.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before this means the feel of fact, the child explores the creation surrounding her body and be aware its running externalize their beliefs. jocuri cu fotbalHe also endorses the bases functioning and sure principles of life. The strategy has its dawning and stamp of human public being.http://www.jocuricamioane.net

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home