Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Hey You -- WPBT People -- Yeah You ...

This past WPBT gathering in Las Vegas was fun, right? As much fun as it was, there were some comments that I heard way too many times. Most often they were a variation of one or more of these statements: 1) I have not posted in my blog much in the past year; 2) I have not been playing much online poker; and 3) I have not played in any online blogger events in a long time.

It is touching to see the many friendships that have been built over the years. However, the thing I found a tad disappointing is how many of the bloggers have gotten away from their roots. There was a time when it seemed like there was an online blogger tournament going on almost constantly. MATH, WWdN, The Mookie, Riverchasers, … However, now it seems like the only time we can get a big group together is if AlCantHang sets up another BBT or someone with lots of blogger influence (read Dr. Pauly) announces a tournament or a series. Other than that – deadsville. The Mookie has largely settled into a small one or two table SNG. Most of the other tournaments are long gone.

There were several people at the last WPBT that I had either not met, had briefly met, or had perhaps just heard of based on previous blogger tournaments or blogging in general. Had I ever actually played against these people more than a scattered time or two? If only there was some way to rebuild a little of what has evaporated over the years, I thought.

So … now is the time! My suggestion: carve out some time this Wednesday night to play one, or maybe even two blogger tournaments. The choices:

The Very Josie



You may have met Josie in December in Las Vegas. You know – the short Italian chick who loves to taunt and brag? Well, she hosts a tournament the first Wednesday of every month at 9 pm Eastern at Full Tilt – The Very Josie (password is pokerbaby). Her tournament has an old-time feel to it – fun with more than its share of garbage talk and donkelicious play. As an added incentive, whoever felts the queen of overblown self-evaluation of poker prowess will get their entry fee refunded by me. Yes – a bounty on VeryJosie. Talk about easy money …

The Mookie




And starting an hour after The Very Josie begins – The Mookie, the still-surviving blogger “home game” (password is vegas1). Of course, Mookie is long gone, but the Buddy Dank Radio crew still hosts a lively, fun tournament. The past two weeks have shown an increase in tournament players, including some oldies but goodies. There was even some primo trash talking last week – yowsa!

Don’t make excuses – just be there.

Catch ya on the flip side …

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Katitude said...

wednesdays aren't necessarily good for people anymore. another option would be to create a new one - all it takes is an email to full tilt :-)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

I <3 Lightning.

BTW I am worried bout Wolfie - have you heard from him lately? My female intuition says something's wrong.

Thank you!

xoxo

2:05 PM  
Blogger BamBam said...

If not for the Canada / Russia Gold medal game at 8:00PM EST tomorrow, I'd be at both for you.

But in the end, I am still Canadian!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I think the days of the regular blogger tournaments have come and gone. I mean, I played them back in the day as much as anybody out there, and I still like to check in once in a while and make my weekly donation, but in general the "community" aspect of the poker bloggers has simply been gone for some time, at least as far as regularly getting together to play an online tournament. If I started up another MATH tournament, the first one would probably get 20 entrants, and after that it would be back down to 7 or 8 or 10, I am quite sure of it. Maybe you would play it and there would certainly be some others, but the desire to all get together as a group to play is simply not what it once was among the group at large. I'm not sure there is anything anyone can do to bring that old allure back like there once was. If I don't feel it anymore, I can only assume others do not either.

Why not do as Kat suggests and set one up yourself, and put your theory to the test? I can give you the email address at full tilt to contact if you are interested.

4:43 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Josie, I plan on felting you myself and saving the money.

Not a peep out of Wolfshead, btw.

5:00 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I will take Josie out for free.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

Really? The 2 guys I annihilated HU think they can take me out of my OWN TOURNEY? Dream on!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

Sure, I ain't there last week and we finally got trash talk. My frikkin luck. Actually had to drive my daughter home early Thurs morning so wasn't a good night for me

7:37 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I have been busy lately and forgot all about the VJ. Damn, would have loved to try for the tee shirt, not to mention the VJ bounty.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home