Sunday, March 20, 2011

Travel Update

College Station, TX:

Yesterday I got into 70's temperature for the first time in ages; today the temperature is in the 80's. Yowsa!

The drive through eastern Texas was very nice. I had been to several areas of Texas before -- Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, and Lubbock. I was a bit surprised at how lush the land seemed to be. Many nice ranches and lots of hills. College Station, TX appears to be a pretty nice university town. Lots of shopping areas abound, and many apartment complexes are close to the Texas A & M campus.

The complex where my daughter lives is not as nice as I thought. The apartment is fine, but little care has been paid to the outside grounds in some time. Maybe I should not expect so much from apartments in a university town?

My daughter sold most of the furniture she needed to sell. We still have a problem in that she still has a bed and a table and chairs set that we are not taking back home. I hope we do not have to give them away.

After many hours of driving these past two days, I hope to relax tonight watching the Fighting Illini taking on Kansas and at the Sunday night blogger Survivor game.

See ya at Donkey Island!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

You have a mustache!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Glad to hear the trip is going fairly well - Bon voyage

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home