Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Musings

1) Finished my taxes last night. I already had the federal one done but unsent. Sent it and completed and sent the state form. I came out about even overall, so no big deal either way.

2) Kudos to the Minnesota Wild for beating the Dallas Stars on Sunday and allowing the Chicago Blackhawks to slip into the Stanley Cup Playoffs through a narrowly open back door. The Hawks play the Vancouver Canucks in round one. Although the Canucks appear to have the best or one of the best teams this season, I expect the Hawks to take them down in the opening series. The Hawks do have the ability to do this. Based on their season-long issue with lackluster play, I doubt they will win it all this year. But can they beat some teams in a series or give them a heck of a scare? Yes!!

3) First softball game of the season tonight, weather permitting. New manager this year (one of my home game poker buddies). Looks like I might pay for smoking him a time or two!

Not sure where I will play this year -- either my standard second base, back to the mound (I pitched for several years, gave it up, then pitched some the past season or two), or maybe even more DH-ing as I become more and more of a liability in the field.

Catch ya on the flip side!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

My taxes weren't so good. Got back around 500 from state, but owe 1500 federal, ouch.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Shrike said...

Since I still owe you for our hockey bet last year, how about the following: double-or-nothing, if I lose I owe you double for our previous bet & I'll get a Blackhawks jersey and wear it to work for a day. If I win, I get one blogger buy-in from you.

-PL

2:09 PM  
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

"Although the Canucks appear to have the best or one of the best teams this season, I expect the Hawks to take them down in the opening series."

HAHAHAHA!!! Good one!

2:52 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@ MOJO -- I usually get a decent fed refund to use for my property taxes. Not this year, unfortunately.

@ Shrike -- As much as I would love to win again, the key words here were "still owe." No thanks.

@ Lucki -- You wouldn't happen to be a fan of the team that blew their chance the last game of the season, would you?

11:46 PM  
Blogger Shrike said...

Fixed, FWIW.

-PL

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home