Friday, May 20, 2011

R.I.P. Macho Man


Today is a sad day for professional wrestling fans around the world as "Macho Man" Randy Savage passed away from a heart attack while driving in Florida. The Macho Man was 58.

Savage, whose real name is Randy Poffo, grew up in Downers Grove, IL along with his brother "Leaping" Lanny Poffo. Father Angelo Poffo was himself a professional wrestler, famous for being part of the wrestling tag team "The Graduates."

Growing up in the town right next to Downers Grove, I always thought it was amazing that this regular guy going to high school in the neighboring town became the flamboyant Macho Man. Sadly, Macho Man's former wife, Miss Elizabeth, passed away many years ago due to a drug overdose.

Tonight I'll be saying a prayer for you, Randy. Oooooohhhhh Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

As soon as I saw the title of you post on my blog, my first thought was "Oh no, I hope it's not Randy Savage!"

Boooo. RIP

1:18 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Yeah -- people who lived in our area knew us as the "macho men." lol

1:34 PM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

He was without a doubt my favorite back in the day. After Bruno Samartino quit, anyway.

8:30 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

SNAPINTOASLIMJIM!!!!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home