Saturday, June 18, 2011

Off to Las Vegas on Sunday

Vacation from work began at 5:01 pm last Thursday -- and that means it is time to head to Las Vegas!

Home base this trip will be Bally's. Bally's is my favorite poker room, and staying at the hotel just makes everything much easier. Yes -- I have been known to not leave my seat at the table until well after the morning sun has first apppeared.

A few months ago Josie (who had been  ... uhh ... drinking) gave me a hard time for taking all my trips to Las Vegas but rarely playing any tournaments. I love playing the cash games in Las Vegas and had grabbed my ankles more than once in tournaments there. And ... there is nothing like playing for hours, only to come up empty handed.

However, I have to admit that I have been wondering just how I would do in some of the Las Vegas tournaments at this stage of my poker life. So ... I have mapped out several of the better tournaments to play this time around. I am taking a pass on the WSOP unless I head to the Rio take a chance or two on satellites.

btw -- I did have at least some success a few years ago, including chopping two tournaments at Caesar's and one at Stardust. I hope to have some good news to report when I return.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucki Duck said...

Ballys? Have you stayed there before? :)

Good luck!

4:16 PM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Ahh Fathers Day in Vegas, does it get any better than that. Good luck Lightning, have a great time.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous KenP said...

Maybe you can get Mojo to back your tournaments. I hear he's loaded.

10:05 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home