Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back to Work This Week

Going back to work after a nice vacation is always difficult. Visiting several poker rooms in Illinois and Indiana and actually having my home game play for the first time since before Christmas was nice. But ... it was back to work in this darn, oppressive heat. Seeing as how I have an inside job in a nice air conditioned office I guess it really shouldn't matter, but just being outside for any length of time just seems to suck the life out of you.
The highlight of the week was last night. I was nearing the end of the work day when my oldest daughter called to tell me that her car had a flat tire. Yes -- just what I would want to deal with in the scorching heat. The fun continued when my wife put our big garbage can in the wrong place in the garage. I was maneuvering  my car around it when SNAP -- I looked to see that I had hit my outside mirror against the garage. The mirror flew off and shattered in the driveway. When it rains it pours!

I filled up the spare tire for my daughter's car and decided to change the tire later that night when the temperature would go down. Ha! I went out at 11:45 at night and it was still hot as hell. Nothing like getting heat stroke changing a tire in an Arby's parking lot at midnight!

I am working four-day weeks for the next three weeks, so my weekend has begun already. After taking care of some maintenance issues with my cars I just might find time for a few hours of b&m poker. If only I had the Harrah's profile to get rooms comped on the weekends ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous smokkee said...

situations like these are what triple A is for.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home