Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Update from Harrah's Southern Indiana -- Tweets Soon to Follow

Greetings from Harrah's (Horseshoe) Southern Indiana, which is across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY. I am spending a few days here to relax and play some poker. In 90 minutes (3:00pm Eastern) I will be playing in the WSOP Circuit Event -- 50 and over tournament. I will be updating my progress on twitter (@lightning36), going on the assumption that I don't donk out in the first hour or so.

I do not think the crowd for this tourney will be big. Not many had entered at the time I entered two hours ago.

The trip down here yesterday was nice. Of course, trips now have to fit in with my new realities -- like eating heart healthy. This didn't seem too bad on the way down as I stopped at Subway for a sandwich -- not with all the fatty and sodium-laced meats and extras, of courses. I even stopped at Meijer to get myself some fresh fruit and vegetables for snacking. They ended up becoming my late late dinner last night.

I played some $1/2 NL cash games last night. I was card dead for hours, which is always very frustrating. I was never up nor down very much and ended up dropping a little bit.

Lunch today was at the Paula Deen Buffet. Now THAT was a trip. Fried catfish, fried green tomatoes, fried shrimp, fried ... Needless to say that the picking were a tad slim for me. I definitely need to request that they include at least a few heart healthy things in the future. I am sure there must be at least a few others who are carefully watching what they eat.

I had a new experience today as I actually used the exercise room of a hotel for the first time. The trip was in place of my regularly scheduled cardiac rehab hour on Wednesdays. This exercising is actually starting to feel pretty good.

I feel rusty tournament-wise, so I hope to channel my inner Josie (sorry -- no link) and blast away. Yowsa!

6 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

GL Baby! I want that link when you get back and I will send good Karma your way.

Jeez you're playing against old geezers. how hard could this tourney be? I expect nothing less than final table.

YOU.
CAN.
DO.
IT.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

You're not too far from my old stomping grounds. I was living in Louisville when I started school (back in the dark ages).

Best of luck today my friend.

And remember. . . Old Guys Rule!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

GLGLGL.

Lunch today was at the Paula Deen Buffet.

When I'm playing poker and a player returns from the buffet, I ask them how was it. They usually say great. Then I ask how were the veggies and they look at me like I'm crazy.

1:14 PM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

You take care and tear up the tables.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Wolfshead said...

GL old bean. As for the Paula Dean buffet you expect healty? She's a Southern cook and represents a firm that sells meats loaded with sodium and nitrates. Ifyou can't figure out that healthy has no part in that equation you gonna have trouble knowing when to fold them pocket aces

3:48 PM  
Anonymous KenP said...

Mr Run Horrible is out. Sheesh

Some days, you bite the dog.

Other days...

Maybe it isn't whether you win or lose but it damn sure whether it sucks or not.

Next time, my friend.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home