Friday, October 14, 2011

Weekend Update

Joe C ?


University of Illinois Football

The Fighting Illini play against the bad guys from THE Ohio State Cheativersity on Saturday. The Illini are 6-0 and hope to extend their dream season with a big victory. No Jim Tressel, no lies, no memorabilia sales. Does THE Ohio State Cheativersity have anything else? I hope not. Go Illini!

My Health
Things have been going exceptionally well since I got my wake up call. I made some radical changes in my diet, have been doing lots of walking and cardio work, and as a result, feel great! I have lost 15 pounds and have already crossed that bridge where exercise feels good and I look forward to it every day. I am kind of surprised that I have not really missed all the food I cut out. I guess that fearing you will croak combined with watching your weight keep heading down will do that to you. I still have not eaten red meat in over a month, have not had pizza or Chinese food or some of the other things that were staples of my old diet. Life has been good, and I am thankful.

Poker
I went to a river boat to play some poker last weekend and did not do well. Among other things, my pocket Queens were cracked by someone who played a one-gapper and flopped a straight. Yuck.

I had my first home game since last December on Wednesday evening. Small group, but I was still able to turn a tidy profit. It was good to host again after a massive basement clean up effort.

I was tentatively planning to play in the WSOP Circuit -- No Limit Hold 'em Stimulus tournament on Wednesday, October 19 at Horseshoe Hammond, but I am not sure about all the logistics with the drive up there, registration for what might be a massive field, and work. I will update when I decide what I am doing.


Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger bastinptc said...

Pissin' J off might not be good for your health either. ;-)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

That Bastin is a smart guy!

Congrats on your weight loss. 15lbs in one month is amazing!

1:54 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

id have her drippin' on Waffles. :)

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home