Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Post-WPBT Hijinks: Do these things really happen in threes?

Okay -- so my WPBT report begins AFTER I dropped my rental car off near the Las Vegas airport yesterday. My brother had been sick right before we left. I will spare you the gory details. He was using the restroom prior to boarding when the Southwest gate representative began to announce that the flight was over-booked and they were looking for two passengers to be bumped. Before he got very far I knew what was coming next and I made a mad dash to the counter. I was checking out the details of the compensation when my brother returned. Still feeling sick, he said no, he did not want to wait any further at the airport and be stuck with C group boarding for the substitute flight, so we passed up the bump. Dang.

Our flight was uneventful and things were going fine until we got to my car in the airport long term parking garage. Dead battery. However, a call box was only a short distance away and we had the car jump started within minutes and were on our way. Good recovery.

I was back at work this morning having a nice uneventful day when I spotted a police officer coming toward my office. I had parked my car in a different area after lunch and just knew that someone hit my parked car. Bingo! Sometimes I would rather be wrong. Fortunately, the damage was only minor but will cost the insurance company just over $1000. Since my bumper will already be off for the repair, I just might spend a little cashish out of my own pocket to have some other minor damage repaired. I guess there is almost always some good to come out of bad things.

I hope your past twenty four hours was a little less eventful than mine!

8 Comments:

Blogger PokahDave said...

must be the bad karma you got from all those huge NLHE pots you dragged....

4:10 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

i hope you have better wpbt stories than that!

welcome back baby!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Hope you had a good time and won tons of $$$.

7:46 PM  
Blogger David Westbay said...

Sorry to hear about the mishaps at the end of your trip. It was great to hang out with you in Vegas; even the cemetary trip was, um, educational. Hope to see you again soon.

9:25 PM  
Blogger David Westbay said...

Sorry to hear about the mishaps at the end of your trip. It was great to hang out with you in Vegas; even the cemetary trip was, um, educational. Hope to see you again soon.

9:25 PM  
Blogger crafty said...

Many good things end badly. Hope your trip was a good thing.

11:10 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Heck, I'm still sleepy.

As usually, it was great getting to see you again. The weekend was a lot of fun. The cemetery trip sounds fun.

2:15 PM  
Blogger BamBam said...

Love the 1/2 full glass approach!
Oh and BTW....

What's a "josie?"

Great to get together as always Light. Good seeing you at the table last night too! I think we both played well.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home