Thursday, January 26, 2012

Random Thursday Musings

* A few years ago my children revealed that when they were younger they had an explanation for my frequest trips to Las Vegas: they thought I had a secret family there. Ha -- it is difficult enough having one!

* Thank goodness that Kohl's has a freaking sale virtually every day of the year. Today I am wearing a grey pair of pants that, at the time I bought them last year, were a tad snug. Now, with my weight loss, it is like I could fit an extra person in them. I need a new supply of casual pants. And where am I going to find shorts for my trip to Florida? I found out before my last trip to Las Vegas that none of my shorts fit any longer. They are all so baggy that even a schlub like me (ask Josie's a-hole metrosexual co-worker) wouldn't wear them.

* Tuesday night I sat in on a potential new poker home game. Played in their tourney and was one of the final three (13 players) who chopped the cashish. Played some cash games afterwards and came out about even. They play pretty regularly (once every week or two), so this could be a great find.

* I have been playing cash Omaha games on Black Chip Poker. The competition varies from decent to donkish. I am showing a profit on BCP, but we all know how quickly that can change.

* I watched part of the memorial service for Joe Paterno today on ESPN 3. It is such a shame that a man who did so many good things for so many people and for Penn State had to deal with the huge scandal right before he passed away. I am not excusing his behavior, but the overwhelming good he did in his life is extraordinary. I always had a soft spot for JoePa because he looked so much like my dad in his later years.

* I need to make some decisions about poker. Ever since Black Friday I have played in few tournaments. What middling tournament skills I did have (although felting Waffles and Josie was often fairly easy) seem to have eroded. Although I played pretty decently overall in the home game tourney I mentioned previously, I made a few mistakes late in it that might have stopped me from winning it outright. If I am going to bleed any money at WSOP or other decent tournaments in 2012 I'd better get on the ball!

* Speaking of the ball ... softball season is just around the corner! Today I committed to playing yet another season with my team. The past few seasons I had been playing mostly second base with some pitcher and catcher thrown in. However, the new, speedy version of lightning36 thinks that he might venture back to his roots in the outfield. My arm still sucks, though, so I might take some time to think about what will work best for me and the team. My hitting last season was excellent -- no pop but lots of time on the basepaths. My fielding -- geez, I was an embarrassment. Losing weight should change that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Has it been verified that Black Chip will pay when you request a cashout?

6:59 PM  
Blogger crafty said...

You should have told them, "Yes, you're right. I have a second family in Las Vegas. And you know what? I LOVE THEM MORE."

11:49 PM  
Blogger KenP said...

Pants?
Amazon

2:40 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

get something like this Lightning:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185

Samsung is pretty good. I usually like to go to Build your own forums and see what they recommend. They usually know what they are doing and have good recommendations. Just need to find the part local in like NewEgg or something.

http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=33

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home