Saturday, January 14, 2012

Upcoming Trip Plans

Yes -- the nasty season for my job is almost over. Things will settle down soon and life will seem a tad more pleasant. February has always been a dead time of year, lending itself to travel. So far, I have two trips planned for next month.

LAS VEGAS
Is it a surprise that I am going here? My brother was offered a comped room at Caesars Palace and quickly made a reservation for Super Bowl Sunday. We are staying in the Augustus tower, which I hear is pretty nice.

I will, of course, likely be spending a significant amount of time playing cash games at Bally's. If time permits, I am thinking that I might play some cash games at Bellagio. I have not played there for some time and am interested to check out the action there. Last trip PokahDave and I played in a fun late-night donk-a-thon tourney at Harrah's at 1:00 am, so I might give it a try again this trip. Harrah's and MGM are also likely cash game destinations.

No definite food plans for this trip yet, but I am pretty sure we will be trying the Wicked Spoon Buffet in the Cosmopolitan this year. I had other meal plans the day Astin organized the trip to Wicked Spoon at the WBPT event in December, and the reviews from him and the others confirmed that this is the place to go.

I might actually spend more time than usual socializing this trip. My brother and sister-in-law might come up from Arizona to visit. I hope to connect with blogger buddy NumbBono. I am hoping to meet bloggers Tony Bigcharles and grrouchie and maybe play some cash games with them. And ... you never know what other acquaintances, pros, or famous people you might run into.

CLEARWATER BEACH, FL
A few days after getting back from Las Vegas, I will be heading south to Clearwater Beach, Florida for a professional conference. The place I'll be staying looks pretty nice, and more warm weather in February is always appreciated by this Illinois guy.

I hope to have some time to socialize and maybe even play some poker with blogger The Neophyte, whom I met in Las Vegas last February. Neo and his wife, the Poker Queen, were great to hang out with. They have the distinction of buying me my first In-N-Out hamburger!

So yeah -- next month should be fun. Maybe I'll even starting thinking about plans for a trip east. Hmmm ... anyone for Atlantic City?

6 Comments:

Blogger Cranky said...

Lightning - enjoy you trip to LV. I'm surprised your brother got a comped room over the superbowl weekend. We haven't been to Vegas since 2007, and I know the world has changed since then, but that used to be one of the busiest weekends of the year. I'm looking forward to the trip report.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

Sounds like a very nice line up. Kick butt at the felt.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Sounds great -- GL at the table.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

GL in Vegas. Give neo and the PQ my best in FLA.

9:22 PM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

Jealous. Have a great time.

7:47 AM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

The PQ and I will be waiting breathlessly for your arrival. In preparation we promise to lock up the women and children and hide the silver, errrr roll out the red carpet and prepare the fatted calf in your honor. I look forward to meeting Mrs Lightning as well. Have fun in Vegas, I'll bet it's pretty wild at Superbowl time.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home