Monday, February 13, 2012

Deja Vu All Over Again Very Josie Style



As I recall, I won the initial Very Josie Tournament April 7, 2010 with the highest chip count on a chop. History repeated itself Monday night in the new version of the Very Josie. I outlasted a bevy of Josie's boy toys to win the initial New Very Josie. When it comes to the Josie, I am the first one in again!

I was never in a really great position until toward the end. After getting low in chips (a familiar story), I got some action on A-A, fading several outs that could have completed a flush and sent me to the sidelines. The big hand, however, occurred when I flopped two pair and raised all in. I believe that both grrouchie and Poker Grump called. Grump was hoping to hit a flush, but I am unsure what grrouchie had. My two pair held, grrouchie was out, and Grump was crippled. By the time I got HU against Rob, I had a huge stack and the tournament was mine to lose. However, I held on for the victory against a bunch of very good players. The best part, however, was that the hostess with the mostess, Very Josie (I'll even give her a link for hosting!) was knocked out early, leaving her cadre of male admirers to chat about her at the table with Josie being unable to defend herself. That was worth the price of admission!

But hey -- this was just a tiny little fun tournament among friends. To see what a REAL poker player looks like, check out the post by good buddy Memphis MOJO, who placed second in a WSOP circuit event in Tunica! Way to go, MOJO!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Congrats on the win, Lighning, and on taking me out. It was a fun time. Wish we could have VJ chatting with us, tho.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

BTW, nice screen grab. I got one for seoond but couldn't figure out how to save it. How'd you do it? A screen capture program?

12:12 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Thanks, Rob. It was fun playing against the Josie army.

As for the picture, I just used the PrtSc button capture the picture and then opened it in Paint.

12:23 AM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

Congrats on the win.
I was hoping your push was a flush draw and you didn't hit top pair and my Queens were no good.

Enjoyable tourney, nice and relaxed with fun chatter!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on the win -- I see you're up to your old habits.

Thanks for the shout-out.

9:48 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Congrats on winning the Boy-Toy Battle royale...

9:51 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

Congrats Lightbulb!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home