Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Few Clearwater Notes

My wife and I are back home after a nice trip to Clearwater Beach, FL.  And yes – as we were leaving the temperature in Clearwater got back to being up to almost 80 degrees. Ah well …


We had a great meal at a place called Crabby Bill’s. In fact, as we were seated, Crabby Bill’s was being featured in a program on the Food Network.  After some broiled seafood and crab cakes, we left happy and satisfied customers.


I learned first-hand that you do not screw with pelicans. This guy was not nearly as friendly to me as I was to him.
Unfortunately, the one thing sub-par thing about the trip was the educational conference I attended. Outside of some interesting workshops on video gaming addiction and social networking , the rest were rather boring . But at least the trip was a killer!



We watched the sunset on the gulf from a pier, which was very nice despite the wind. Traditional sunset pictures omitted here.


It is back to work tomorrow. I think that I could get used to these two-day work weeks rather easily.

With my wife and son leaving on a snow skiing trip for the weekend, I should have some free time on my hands. The poker gods may be calling …

10 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Awww nice pics. Mrs. Lightning is lovely...too bad about her taste in men. :P

9:46 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Everyone knows you would give ANYTHING to be in her place, my dear ... : o P

9:49 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

True, I would like to go on a snow skiing trip wth your son.

10:05 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Going after the young guys again, huh?? Tell Waffles to hide his son!

10:11 PM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

video game addiction.

Been there done that!

Glad you had a great trip

10:38 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I might be colder in Illinois, but it's always nice to be home. Thx for the photos.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Cranky said...

Sounds like a conference set up just to attract those from colder climes. Interesting subjects covered. It made me quite curious about your job; what do you do for a living?

I could really use some warm weather myself. Granted, we've had a mild winter with virtually no snow, but some warmth would be most welcome.

Thanks for the pics!

3:34 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@Cranky I am a professional counselor. I work at a community college.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Cranky said...

lightning - more power to you! That sounds like a job that can really suck the life out of you.

10:35 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@Cranky -- I celebrate 30 years in higher education on July 1. Still love it!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home