Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Miscellaneous Musings

* Mothers Day went really well at my house. I grilled some hot dogs and sausages for lunch and we went out to a family-friendly restaurant for dinner. Afterwards, we bought something that always works for dessert: a cake that is comprised of eight pieces of different kinds of cake. No fighting, yelling, or arguing at any of the meals. Remarkable!

* I heard this great classic song on the way into work this morning:


Aside from being one of my all-time favorite songs, the tune reminds of the time when the group played at my college. I was in a service club that helped load and unload equipment at concerts (lightning -- the roadie!). While I was taking a short break after the concert, I looked in the stands to see Joe Frank, bass player for the band (middle guy in the picture), having a sweet little conversation with my girlfriend. Argg! I broke that shit up very quickly. The night ended when my guys wanted to get stuff loaded on the band's trucks. The band and their roadies and hangers-on were having too much fun wrestling each other, so finally we said "the hell with it" and left them to load all the crap themselves.

* Softball game tonight. The weather should be excellent. We have not played for three weeks due to rainy weather. I have no idea where I will be playing: pitcher (doubtful), second base (likely), designated hitter (maybe), outfield (possible). I bring a .500 batting average into tonight's game.

* On Tuesday night I will be hosting my international home game group at my house. We will not play our usual tournament but play solely cash games since we will be operating on one big table. It looks like a nice write-up of the evening may be in order.

* I had some blood work done prior to my next appointment with my cardiologist. I have been told that my cholesterol numbers continue to be very good. My weight has continued to stay down to the point that the jeans I bought when I hit my earlier plateau are now seeming too big. I have been slacking off on the exercising, though, and need to get back on the stick with that.

Have a great Monday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

I miss playing softball! Haven't played since I was a kid. I always think about joining an adult rec league but nobody will do it with me and I'm a chicken to join with a bunch of strangers. Meh. You're rocking that batting average! And I was a pitcher/2nd baseman too :)

1:07 PM  
Blogger crafty said...

I bet you liked Billy Don't Be a Hero, Run Joey Run, and Seasons in the Sun, didn't you?

1:18 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I have always been a fan of old pop music, but not bubblegum. I am a british invasion freak.

7:21 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

"Great work, Tony. Not wanting to talk about it = everything is peachy, right? Especially since you’re autistic and nothing is ever your fault, because lightning copy and pasted something he found online about autism so once everyone reads that you’re golden, right?"

DUDE! So disappointed! I thought you were a real shrink!

10:13 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

You might want to have someone review your reading comprehension skills, Flapjacks.

10:17 AM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

This morning after work I just discovered while visiting the AVP website that you and grrouchie both visited the Riviera while I dealt there - don't know if it was during my shift though... Have a great weekend!

4:31 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Coach -- I never played poker at the Rivera although I did look to play there once a few years ago. There was only one table running, however, and it was full.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home