Thursday, July 05, 2012

Las Vegas Odds and Ends

Wow -- I have been home from Las Vegas for over a week now. Despite all the posts, the blog comments, text messages and tweets, there are still a few thoughts I wanted to get down before finally moving on.

** I would like to apologize to Mr Subliminal. I had been wanting to meet this self-proclaimed homeless Las Vegas poker player (you mean there are more than one?) for some time. Unfortunately, we were not able to connect up as I inadvertently deleted his phone message and then got lost in a bit of a haze toward the end of my trip after I got sick. I hope to be back in early September. Perhaps we'll get a chance to tip a brew or two then.

** One blogger I failed to mention in my earlier posts was ck -- the Black Widow of Poker. Carol came out to the Nugget to wish good luck to me and Memphis MOJO while we were playing in our deep stack event. I did get a chance to see her for a minute later that evening, but certainly I wish things had worked out a little better so we could have tossed some cards together at Binions.

** In my reports I failed to mention finally getting to meet balt999. Ron is a dealer at Bally's and did deal at least a few hands to me. It was nice getting to meet Ron although he was usually working when I saw him. Ron's wife is a great tournament player and will likely be featured in an upcoming post at Ron's blog. I won't say anymore than that.

** Home court advantage -- I was going to sign in on the waiting list at Bally's when the brush said "You're Chad C, right?" The wink then let me know the story -- Chad C didn't answer his call for a seat so I became Chad C and was able to play immediately. Yes -- being a visiting regular and being friendly at the table does sometimes get you a perk or two!

** While letting VJ use my laptop (Uhh -- the computer this time!) I walked around and ran into a co-worker at Bally's. Yes, sometimes the world is amazingly small.

** Mucho thanks to Rob for the taxi service he provided throughout the trip. No need to paint your car yellow, but you and your car will be in Las Vegas the first week of September, right?

** Even with a week's stay, it seemed like there was not nearly enough time to do everything I would have liked to. I am already looking forward to my next trip -- tentatively scheduled for September  3-7. Hey -- that is less than two months away. Yessss!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I do like Mr. Subliminal's blog. Too bad you missed hooking up with him.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Heh.....I plan on posting about the previous trip to Vegas all the way until my next trip there, if not beyond! I've got lots more stories.

Dunno my plans for September, but let me know as soon as are firm on your dates and I'll see if it's doable.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

I didn't need "The Hangover" to teach me that making plans to meet up in Vegas is not as straightforward as for other venues.

Till September ...

1:25 AM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

Freakin White Sox and Youkilis...

2:45 AM  
Blogger sevencard2003 said...

id never heard of mrsubliminal blog, wonder if hes heard of mine? thanks for bringing it to my attention.

3:04 AM  
Anonymous KenP said...

Be sure you and your car are there, Rob. It will be much easier to schlep him hither and yon. He promises to always be standing under a street light -- which will kill two birds with one stone. You'd think with that bag of quarters he'd be a better tipper.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

You need to move your trip up a week. Ms. Duck and I will be there August 25-31.

9:53 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

Back at the '07 WPBT winter classic I was in the Venetian poker room. We were playing cash games and over the loud speaker I heard "Mr. Subliminal for 1-2NL" That made me LOL...

10:22 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

# Lucki -- If I go it will be to help my brother celebrate his birthday, which is the next week, unfortunately.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home