Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Josie!

Happy birthday, Josie. Today you turn ... 50?


It IS the 50th, right?



When Josie comes home
So good
She's the pride of the neighborhood
She's the raw flame
The live wire
She prays like a Roman
With her eyes on fire

Indeed.

Of course, it is important to remember some of her more tender moments over the years ...

"I think you're a chick. You act like one, all emotional."
"Do you have balls? I think you have a vag."

And my all-time favorite:

"Are you out of your fucking mind?"

Yes, she is a sweetheart ...

But seriously ... Josie appeared on the poker blogger scene just at the right time. As things were getting old and government intrusion was about to chase many bloggers away, Josie breathed life into blogging and made things fun.

Those who have met her know that IF she really has a heart, it is made of gold. She is kind, generous, funny, witty, and a good friend. So today .. just simply ... happy birthday!

8 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Grrrr...I am NOT 50 years old. Not even close! I'm in my mid 40's baby. As much as I hated how this post started...I love how it ended. xoxo ty Lightning - You are second to no one!

8:58 AM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

I would have picked 'Your Love' by The Outfield, but happy birthday again Josie! :P

12:20 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Yeah, ~Coach, I already used that plus the Steely Dan version of "Josie," plus the theme song from "Josie and the Pussycats" in an earlier post. Her head swelled so big that I thought it would burst -- and we'd hate to see that on her birthday ...

12:49 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Well Rob, it IS her birthday. And you will notice that you could read MY post in less than a day...

1:21 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Yeah, but unless you're Josie, why would you want to?

1:35 PM  
Blogger Bayne_S said...

I thought Cricket was the sister under 50

6:43 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

OMFG Bayne....my sister is 5 and a half years OLDER than me. Sheesh! I'm waaaaaay under 50, WHORE.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

And whaddaya mean Rob...Why would you want to, biatch? You're dead!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home