Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Day at Comic Con Chicago

I had quite a day this past Sunday at Wizard World Comic Con Chicago. Join me in a short journey of my day via a few photos ...

My last post featured a picture of the cartoon character my daughter attempted to emulate -- Sollux Captor:


My daughter:


Before we entered into the actual convention area, we scoped out the famous autos in the outer area:

Na na na na na na na na na  -- Batman!

 
Most famous DeLorean

 
Who ya gonna call?

 
There was a big crowd waiting to get in.



Pretty soon I was in geek heaven.



I mean, it WAS Comic Con, right?

 
People there lived for dressing up like all kinds of characters. It was a heck of a good time seeing everyone in their costumes.






I discovered quite an appreciation for women dressed up like super heroes -- especially when the costumes included leather, spandex, and lots of boobage!

There were celebrities there, of course. You could get autographs, pictures ... if you were willing to shell out around $40-60 per. This guy -- no way! However, I was able to get past the volunteer nazis to snap a few freebies.

Ooh ... Lauren Holly was hot. Not like I have had a thing for her for years or anything ...

 
The real Hulk ...

 
Probably the second best Superman to George Reeves

 
He's still trying to figure it out -- Kelly or Brenda? Brenda or Kelly?

 
Ever wonder what Lacey Underall from Caddyshack looks like now?


Here is the answer:


She still looks kind of cute in the picture, but in person not so much. Ah well ...

My daughter met some friends who follow the same cartoon she does. They hung out together for most of the afternoon.


So yes, it was an interesting afternoon. My daughter had a great time, which was the most important. As for me ... I am still thinking about the leather and spandex. But ... it is time for a "peace - out" from my daughter before I start talking about Stan Lee, Tom Felton, Norman Reedus, the Bella Twins, ...

13 Comments:

Blogger Carmel said...

Looks like a great time!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Spot said...

Good Dad.

1:25 AM  
Blogger JT88Keys said...

Looks like a good time. And mmmmmmmm..........Lacey Underall. I think her in "Caddyshack" along with Rebecca De Mornay in "Risky Business" and Phoebe Cates in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" were the biggest movie crushes of my youth.

7:26 AM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

That photo of the line helps confirm everything I've heard about the popularity of these events - good job Dad!

12:00 PM  
Blogger JT88Keys said...

Something else I just noticed...

Were they touting that Ghostbusters-mobile as being from the movie?

12:13 PM  
Blogger Carmel said...

This all makes me revisit my dream of becoming Power Ranger.

12:27 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@JT88Keys -- I didn't really look close enough to know. I imagine it would have been the real one. Can't see that they would have a fake one there

@Carmel -- You would be the first nekked Power Ranger?

12:59 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I Am Karkat Vantas! ;)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Good day and thanks for the pics.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Nice report. Ever venture out to the San Diego Con? It's gotten too big these days but I went to all the first ones (in the '70's) back in the day.

5:40 PM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

all of these comments and not one person asked you who in the holy hell George Reeves is?

Also, Debatable whether or not he was the 2nd best Superman or not because Tom Welling did a tremendous job on Smallville which, as far as an actual show went, was so much better than the Adventures of Lois and Clark.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Carmel said...

But he is way better looking than the douchebag on Smallville. In the end that's really what matterss.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home