Wednesday, September 05, 2012

It's Wednesday? Really? Where did the past four days go?

I am finally beginning to feel like I am reentering the human race. A shave and shower have brought me back toward the real world. Before that, I was looking so fugly that even Very Josie might have passed on getting funky with me. Naw -- I couldn't look that fugly.

August is always the most difficult month of work in my job. Working long hours combined with dealing with some real idiots while being exposed to so many germs from so many people is a recipe for disaster. It is not unusual for people in my office to get sick toward the end of the month. I thought I had almost made it to September and my trip to Las Vegas, but I came up just short.

I started feeling a little ill toward the end of last week. My hope was that I could fight it off and get out of town. My brother and I were scheduled to leave for Las Vegas Sunday afternoon. By Saturday night I was in bad shape. Strangely enough, my brother called Saturday night and said that he had been feeling really bad. Our plan was to see how we felt Sunday morning.

Sunday morning came and I felt like total garbage. I called my brother, who expressed a desire to make the trip. I hopped in the shower and, upon getting out, found out he had called. We talked and decided to cancel the trip. I am so glad we did. I won't go into gory details, but let me tell you that these past days have really sucked. I am hoping to go back to work tomorrow, but I might just stay home Thursday and maybe Friday. No use pushing it.

We take our health for granted when we feel well. I hope to return to that place soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Sorry you missed your trip to Vegas, but glad to hear you're on the road to recovering.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

I still feel crappy. I mustve caught something from you or your brother ....or both. :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Vegas Linda Lou said...

Well, how ya doin' now?

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home