Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!



I hope everyone is having a nice Thanksgiving. I am thankful for actually having a day off. In the near future I will write a post that updates my past seven months as head of my department. After five relatively normal months the past two have been brutal.

I am thankful for many things today: a wonderful wife and three great children; a mother, a sister and three brothers who are still around; friends in my regular life and many online friends; a life where most things seemed to have worked out pretty well.

Today will be spent eating a traditional turkey dinner, watching The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II and football, and likely making a Black Friday midnight trip to Kohls's -- hopefully my only Black Friday shopping trip this season.

One week from today I will be in Las Vegas for the WPBT weekend and general mucking around in poker rooms. I can't wait!

7 Comments:

Blogger The Neophyte said...

I'll bet you can't wait to get some time off Light. Have fun in Vegas, wish I could take the time to go.

2:33 PM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs Lightning as well.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Happy Thanksgiving and give Mrs. Lightning a hug for me.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

6:33 PM  
Blogger David Westbay said...

I hope you are enjoying your time off. See you next weekend in Vegas!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Carmel said...

Hope to see you!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Carmel said...

Hope to see you!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home