Saturday, March 30, 2013

Next Las Vegas Trip Tentatively Scheduled


It looks like I will be making my next trip to Las Vegas in just over two months  -- June 2-7, 2013. Sometimes everything involved in a trip just falls together and other times not. This is one of those "not" times.

Prices at Southwest kept jumping around. My sometimes travel partner, the King of Komps (my brother), decided -- at least for now -- not to go on this trip. My go-to car rental place no longer had cheap rates. And the Caesars website became a pain since prices went up, up, then down, then up ...

As of today, I have most of a plan. Plane reservations have been made and I was even able to find a decent rental car rate while cruising around the internet today. I still do not have hotel arrangements set as I had gotten too used to having my rooms completely comped. It looks like taking my focus off poker and gambling in Caesars establishments this past year have come back to haunt me. I also believe that I will lose my Total Rewards platinum status in just over a day, so I really need to make a reservation tonight or tomorrow or possibly look at getting stuck paying the Caesars newly imposed resort fees.

In case it has not been clear in the past, it should be clear now that words like "cheap" and "thrifty" apply to me. I could pay regular prices, but it is against my nature. I try to get things either free or at an extremely cheap price. It is a healthy obsession.

I will be hoping to come up with some kind of game plan for the trip in the next two months. Submit a comment, send me a text or email me in the next couple of months if you want to set something up -- maybe slinging some cards, grabbing a meal together, etc.

I am looking forward to my return. Yowsa!

5 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I love it when a plan comes together. GL out there.

10:38 PM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

gl on the reservations. I won't be there till the following month. Enjoy your trip

2:26 AM  
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Lucky bastard! I haven't been out there in more than 6 years! I want to go, but life keeps getting in the way.

9:54 AM  
Blogger cmitch said...

Not playing the geezer WSOP event this year?

5:47 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

Good luck price hunting!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home