Monday, January 06, 2014

Miscellaneous Photo Dump

I am pretty much trapped inside the house today but might actually leave to help get my son's car unstuck. In the meantime, I thought I would post a few pictures just for the heck of it. There is no common theme -- just some pictures.

New kitten Holly, who makes it difficult for me to post sometimes
 

James "J.Y." Young & Tommy Shaw of Styx
 

Gary Richrath playing with REO Speedwagon for the first time since 1989
 

Took this picture after a forum discussion of cheap wines kids used to drink
 

lightning36 rocking the cheap beer - 16 oz. PBR draft for a buck!
 

Home of one of dem good machines!
 

My ultra-secret group that controls every move of Tony Bigcharles
 

One of my all-time favorite pictures: What being a father is all about
 
 
And finally, before moving on to 2014, those that are gone that I will remember ...

Boyfriend -- family cat. He disappeared just as mysteriously as he arrived. Presumed to have met his demise via either a fox or coyote that had been stalking the neighborhood. A soft bundle of love.
 
 
Ron Cannon -- a member of my home poker game. A musician known as Big Daddy Sun, Ron was famous for his explosions when people beat him with crap. Games are less interesting without him.
 

Jen Smith -- former co-worker. She valiantly battled breast cancer but her body finally could take no more. She became an author and an advocate and served as an inspiration for countless cancer patients across the United States.

10 Comments:

Blogger angerisagift said...

sad about jen. dude, r u trying2 b on the cast of the HBO show TRUE BLOOD. sunshine look into it

3:59 PM  
Anonymous KenP said...

Well, the weather sucks but even with all that the sun will come out tomorrow ... or so...

Think good thoughts and look at the good times with those gone on and not the other side. Went to a funeral the other day -- lady was 102. I appreciated her friendship over the year but got a chance to see her children that I hadn't seen in 35 years. My best friend too. So, we move on.

Friends may leave and such but the good parts are there too. That's what we want to think about on a crappy, frigid day like this.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous KenP said...

P.S. You look awfully green in that PBR pic. Go with the buck-fifty one next time. ;)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Enjoyed the pics. Hope you are surviving the COLD weather.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

Stay warm and have a great year.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

Love the "horsie" pic with your kids. I have a similar one with both my kids asleep, one on my shoulder and the other in my lap. It's one of my favorites.

Good stuff :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger ManInBlack said...

hey man. I lost your number. Give me a text when you get into town. I wanna finally play some poker with you

4:43 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Man what a beautiful young woman. Just seems too young for that :( Sorry for the loss of your friend

8:03 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@Brian -- Yes, sad beyond belief. Hard to believe, but she was sooo much better looking than the picture. Drop-dead gorgeous. And intelligent, great personailty, great worker. She battled cancer for about five years, I think. She was only in her mid-30s.

2:17 PM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

That is a shame about your friend. Condolences to you. On another note...Gary Richrath....does not look good. He kind of looks like Jabba the Hut with a guitar...sheeesh!!!!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home