Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It Was Twenty Years Ago Today ...

No, not that Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play.

But it was a heck of a day. O.J. Simpson was driving down California highways with the world watching. However, I was likely one of the few people in the United States who didn't know what was going on. I had spent all day at the hospital.

Daddy light and baby Rick

I got home at the end of a long day, only to be greeted by my niece who was jabbering "Uncle light, you'll never believe what has been going on. O.J. Simpson is running away from the police and they've been chasing him for hours."

I had hoped to end the day kind of quietly by watching the NBA finals match between the Rockets and the Knicks, but that game took a back seat across the country to the great O.J. Bronco chase. Needless to say, I had a much better day than O.J.

Rick and girlfriend Mari
 
Happy birthday, son o' mine. May all your dreams come true.

5 Comments:

Blogger angerisagift said...

hopefully 1 of his dreams isnt to see the CUBBIES win the world series

9:47 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

anger, I taught my son to be a realist. : o )

9:58 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

Perspective, eh??? :)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Love the shot of you and baby Rick!

11:39 PM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

i drink grape juice bcuz OJ KILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. flashback to an old bumper sticker i remember seeing.my OJ memories were of my patients being glued to their tvs watching the trial.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home