Saturday, September 27, 2014

Retro Saturday

The other day a co-worker stopped me in the hall and said "Do you believe that 'retro' now means 1980's? Same thing with 'oldies'."

Well, in some ways the 1980's does seem like a long time ago. At the start of that decade I was finishing my bachelor's degree and by the end of the decade I was married, getting ready to finish my eighth year of professional work, and was unaware that within six months I would be moving to a new town for a new job. Kids? They were not even in the picture at that time.

The music of the 1980's was certainly different. In many ways, I thought that some of the real gems were great songs that came from groups formed outside the United States. Thus, on my version of Retro Saturday, I give you fantastic live versions of some 1980's classics. By the way, these were all recorded many years after the songs became international hits.


 Beds Are Burning
 

 Don't Dream It's Over
 

Take On Me

7 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Beds are burning is one of my all-time favs. Guess that means I'm an old fart, no?

11:02 AM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

no RATT or IRON MAIDEN???????? TEARS FOR FEARS??? ONIGO BOINGO????? I AM USING CAPS BCUZ P3 LOVES THEM LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Zin said...

Damm lighting...you did not listen to any Ramon Ayala...greatest music of all time English or Spanish.

3:31 PM  
Blogger ~Coach said...

I know em all...

8:42 PM  
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

3rd line of Beds Are Burning:

"Holden wrecks and boiling diesels"

My first car was a Holden.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Pete P. Peters said...

As a child of the 90's, this is all foreign to me.

8:24 AM  
Blogger angerisagift said...

@P3 LOL this is foreign but not Billy Joel?? off the meds,counselor??

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home