Saturday, September 03, 2016

Attack of the Man-hating Woman


I recently returned from a trip to Las Vegas (Aug 26-31) and have not yet had a chance to post about any of the happenings due to a busy work and leisure schedule upon my return . However, due to some tweets that were sent by myself and Vegas DWP during my Las Vegas trip, I have had several requests to post the story of how I was verbally attacked while playing poker at Caesars Palace. Since Vegas DWP was a witness and not directly involved in the situation, he is a much more impartial observer that I could be. In reality, since I was in the middle of the situation and seething, I don't have a coherent memory of the entire incident myself -- only bits and pieces I remember or heard.

Here is Vegas DWP's account of the situation. Afterward, I will comment.


The Scene:

So I’m playing 1-2 No Limit at Caesars Palace with lightning36.  It’s the first time we’ve met in person, so we’re chatting at the table for a couple of hours in a game that’s reasonably good.  There was a maniac at the table raising nearly every hand, straddling the button, and the action from the other players was rather good.  The table was friendly, if a bit on the quiet side (it was a Monday afternoon, after all) and we were having a nice time.

I was in seat 5, there was a player next to me in seat 6, seat 7 was vacant, and lightning36 was in seat 8.

Just as the button moved to seat 6, the player sitting there got up and left for a break.  About the same time, vile man-hating feminazi sits down in seat 7 right next to lightning36 on his right.

So just as we’re about the be dealt the next hand, I’m the small blind and there is a “missed blind” button in front of the seat next to me (seat 6) as the dealer is preparing to deal the next hand.

The “Incident”

Vile man-hating feminazi is still getting situated, unracking her chips, and doesn’t appear to see that the big blind is now on seat 7, where she’s just sat down.  At this point, lightning36 politely (and I stress, POLITELY, as I heard every word he said) mentions to vile man-hating feminazi that it’s her big blind.

The following conversation goes something like this:

Vile Man-Hating Feminazi (VMHF):  “I KNOW the big blind is on me.  You don’t have to tell me how to play poker, SIR.”

lightning36 (L36):  “I’m not trying to tell you how to play poker, just wanted you to know it’s your big blind, as I noticed you just sat down”

VMHF:  [LOUDLY] “I SAID I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING, YOU DON’T HAVE TO TELL ME ANYTHING”

L36:  “I’m sorry, I was just trying to be polite and let you know”

VMHF:  “I think maybe you should just shut the fuck up and play poker”

L36:  [at this point, steam starts to emanate from L36’s ears] “I’m sorry, what did you say to me?”           

DEALER:  “Hey, please settle down and behave yourselves”

VMHF (to Dealer):  “I’m being perfectly calm, when this asshole next to me decides to ManSplain to me how to play poker”

L36:  “ManSplain?  Oh, you’re one of THOSE?”

VMHF:  “FUCK YOU, asshole”

Dealer (to L36):  “I need to ask you to stop, now, or else it’s gonna be on you – we’ll have you removed if you don’t calm down.”

L36 (to VMHF):  [sounding quite agitated by now] “No, fuck YOU, bitch.  Why do you hate men so much?”

VMHF:  “Men are useless – try to find me at least one decent one in this whole town”  [as if any man would go within a 100 yards of this witch]

L36 (to me):  “Can you believe this woman?  Have you ever seen anything like this?”

Me (to L36):  “We were having a nice time until she showed up – people who take the fun out of the game really irritate me”  [I said this loud enough so that VMHF would hear, but unfortunately she didn’t engage me – I would have loved to rip her a new one]

Dealer (to L36):  “This is your last warning – you have to stop now, or you’ll be asked to leave.”

L36:  “That’s actually pretty funny – I’ve never been banned before.”

VMHF:  “You and all of the rest of your kind should be banned from the whole planet”

At this stage, I’m surprised L36 didn’t smack her in the mouth, because that’s exactly what I wanted to do.  Shortly after the exchange above, the player immediately to my right left the game, and VMHF asked for a seat change and sat down right next to me.  I looked over at L36 and muttered “Lucky Me” … I guess VHMF didn’t hear me.


So ... there is Vegas DWP's version of the incident. As he mentioned, the table action was interesting because of the maniac who raised virtually every hand. I had even suggested a side bet between us if either of us was to take a big chunk of his stack (which Vegas DWP actually did, at one point). Although I was down a little at the time, I was in a good mood, as I was in Las Vegas, of course!

I 100% guarantee you that my reminder about the big blind was said in a polite, helpful way. The woman had just sat down and had her face buried in her phone. I was guessing that she was completely unaware that she was going to be in the big blind. I would have said the exact same thing to any guy as a simple matter of courtesy. I was completely astounded that she would talk to me the way that she did.

One thing I have been pretty adamant about my entire life is to not let idiots run over me. My anger was exacerbated by the fact that her invective talk was in answer to my polite, considerate verbal nudge. I just don't tolerate that crap in my life no matter what. In retrospect, I could have handled the situation much better, but she already, in my mind, ruined the fun at the table. For visitors like me who are recreational players and who have limited time, almost the worst thing that can happen is to have the fun taken out of poker.

I do remember, in the heat of battle, mentioning Donald Trump, knowing that it was bound to piss her off. I also remember saying very clearly and deliberately "Some guy somewhere must have really done you wrong at least once." My wife would be happy that, as much as I wanted to, I didn't call her "the C word."

I considered many other things to say, but as a professional counselor who supervises the mental health counseling, academic advising and educational planning for a population of about 10,000 students, it was certainly not a stretch to say it was pretty evident that this woman suffers from some pretty intense psychological issues. I decided that, despite my anger, I was not about to damage this woman anymore than she already is. Believe me, I am pretty sure that I knew exactly what to say that would have messed her up even more ... but didn't I guess that was about as humanitarian as I could get at that point. Or should I have said "huwomanitarian?"

I'm not sure what would have happened if the floor had been called over, which would have been the next step. I guess I would have faced a decision about whether or not I was ready to leave the poker room. I did, however, scan the poker room, looking for a stapler. If only ...

"This guy is the nicest guy in Las Vegas."   A female Bally's Las Vegas poker dealer

"lightning is the friendliest blogger"   Poker blogger Jordan

"Fuck you, asshole!"   Feminazi bitch at Caesars Palace


A BIG thanks to Vegas DWP for providing the gist of this post. He is okay ... for a male ...

28 Comments:

Blogger pokerluckbox said...

so im guessing she didn't make you a sammich?

4:49 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@James -- Looking back, maybe the best zinger would have been "Hey - just shut the eff up and get me a sammich, wench." lol

6:03 PM  
Blogger VegasDWP said...

I'm still rather stunned at the aggressive way she responded to what was clearly a polite mention that it was her big blind. Maybe she was having a bad day, or maybe having some extended bad luck with the opposite sex.

It was a weird dynamic, because the first few things Lightening said to her were calm, and she responded loudly and aggressively - which caused the dealer to erroneously think she was being harassed. FlushDraw is correct in his assessment that "she started it" - which was pretty clear to me, but certainly not to the dealer.

It's a shame, because she took all of the fun out of what was a pleasant afternoon of poker.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

You showed considerable restraint. Unfortunately I couldn't get to the Strip this time to meet you and your wife.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I'm speechless. I mean the dealer must have been out to lunch.

10:08 PM  
Blogger vinnyh said...

Great exp j wish could have witnessed this tragedy of the west lol anyway sorry didnt get together work nlv whole week until next time bro be nice students you are my hero

10:46 PM  
Blogger vinnyh said...

Anyway if i were dealing i would mention to woman i can only say that to him smile incident ovr tell her abuse me lol

10:48 PM  
Anonymous GreenHat said...

Ehh.. From outside looking in, it's a funny story. That bitch should be glad this was modern time. Otherwise, she would of been beat up. I've seen less rude behavior leading to fights.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Onechiquita100 said...

...And you weren't even singing "Wendy". Damn, so yeah I'm with you L36. I would have asked her who gave her the clap.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

Dealer strikes out. Oh why couldn't this have happened to TBC.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Yowzers! That is some wild story. I have a few comments and observations:

First, I believe there a mistake in DWP's setting up the story. He is in seat 5 and says the button moved to seat 6, who left. Pretty sure he means the big blind moved to seat 6, since he was in seat 5 and was the small blind. Minor correction.

Now, what am I about to point out in NO WAY excuses her behavior BUT...well, the way the story is told, it sure does not sound like this was at all her objection...still, there is a legitimate reason she could "object" to your pointing out that she was the big blind.

She had just come to the table right? And she took the seat that was therefore the big blind? Well, as we know from reading Tony's blog, she is not obligated to take the big blind in that situation. She could have waited until the button passed to come in, right?

Are you both absolutely sure she didn't point that out? I mean, after you politely said the big blind was hers, she could have said (rudely), "I'm coming in behind the button. Only an idiot would take the big blind when you don't have to. Do you think because I'm a woman I don't know how to play poker? Do you think I'm too stupid to know I could pass on taking a hand and come in behind the big blind and therefore save myself THREE DOLLARS?"

She didn't say that, huh?

I'm thinking one of the reasons you pointed out it was her big blind was that you knew she had that option, and if she declined to take it, you would be the BB, so you wanted to know if you should put your two bucks out. Of course the dealer should have asked if she wanted to take the BB and come in behind. Maybe he was busy or just inattentive.

I believe if it had been me in that seat, I might have asked her she was going to take the bb.

NOW....her response is so freaking over the top, it is truly behind belief. She is a true "Schedule C," an absolute "C.U. Next Tuesday." In fact, if it was me, I probably would have racked up my chips, and as I left, whispered to her, "C. U. Next Tuesday."

However, after her very first comment, I would have been so shocked I'm sure I would have been relatively speechless, and probably just muttered a feeble, "sorry." And then thought to myself that this woman was friggin nuts. I would have looked over to DWP and expressed my surprise silently, with my eyes. But I am not a confrontational person. I might possible have taken a stronger stance with a guy, but almost never with a female.

Having played you with many times, and knowing you as one of the most rational, polite guys I've ever met, I know you didn't start this in any way, but I am surprised you lost your cool like that...however justified it may have been. Especially, dare I say, with a woman.

It's great that you had DWP there as a witness to document this. Sorta like the time you were there with me when three women demanded that I take a picture of them pulling down their tops.

I guess I probably can't quite imagine just how totally horrific this C*** was to get you that agitated. Must have been so, so severe to set you off like that.

Lastly, the dealer is a jerk. Either he is so bad that he didn't see that it was that crazy bitch that started it all, or maybe he's one of those guys who thinks a woman can say anything she likes and the guy must always be respectful at all times, regardless.

Crazy, crazy story. It's actually amazing you both stopped fighting when you did, rather than having it escalate further. Had the floor gotten involved, they likely would have insisted you just play at separate tables (after a warning, presumably warning you both especially after DWP backed you up) rather than actually asking you to leave.

2:27 AM  
Blogger mrben09 said...

I have had a few interesting characters at the table. The rude German who kept trying to push me on WW2 despite being about 29. And the odd American Cricket hater (not that fussed myself either, but they do seem to flip when I suggest Baseball is a derivative !). I await my first Feminazi.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Tony Bigcharles said...

well i hope those reading this now better understand why i have low opinions of militant gay females. i never said all were this way but how am i to know which social justice warriors will react like this and which wont? therefore i trust none til they prove themselves nice and friendly to people like me in particular. the way to cure homophobia and racism isnt to mistreat me its to show me u can be kind to me. otherwise i feel like hey i was right about u all along.vook is much more understanding than PPP.

6:49 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@Rob -

1) You are correct. If Vegas DWP was the small blind and seat 6 left, VMHF became the new big blind.

2) No, she didn't point out that she could let the button pass. She LOUDLY made the statements similar to what Vegas DWP said. I actually remember that she said something more along the lines of the dealer will give her her information, but she clearly was upset that I told her anything, apparently being hyper-sensitive to having guys treat her like a dummy in the past. Or just because she is a messed up c***.

3) As I mentioned earlier, I don't let people run over me. In those cases, I am confrontational. I work in a management position, supervise staff and deal with dissatisfied customers, some of whom are total liars. I generally confront in an appropriate way when necessary. You'll notice I did not immediately jump on her.

4) Yes, I lost my cool. I am at heart an emotional guy, and the combination of my effort to be polite, her over-the-top response and her continued verbal abuse just set me off. I was having a good time playing at the table with Vegas DWP. She totally spoiled the atmosphere. It will likely be about five months before I am able to return. She screwed some of my rare time in Las Vegas.

5) Yes -- I reaffirm that women actually sought you out and exposed themselves to you. I am not sure why you are making a big deal of that instance. The women led me to believe that this was an everyday occurrence with you!

6) The dealer was weal and silent. A good dealer likely would have noticed what really went on -- like how I had played at the table for around a couple of hours and was pleasant or quiet -- and/or stopped her right away.

7) And yes -- I suspect the floor would have acted along the lines you mentioned. I just don't know that either of us would have settled down at that point. I was willing to be booted.

And yes -- she was really as horrible as Vegas DWP reported. It's like she was one of those people who talk shit online because they can hide behind a computer. She was that nasty in real life. She likely has a wretched life and is haunted by multiple psychological demons. Her behavior was nowhere in the realm of being "normal."

10:32 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

It just occurred to me that maybe the reason the dealer seemingly took her side is that she is a reg in the room. Maybe he knew her, knew she had a short fuse, but was kind of siding with her so as to not upset the applecart with a reg. Maybe she's usually not nearly this bad so they tolerate her occasional outburst, they want to keep the regs happy.

Perhaps she'd just had a big fight with her boyfriend--although as DWP pointed out, hard to believe she could ever have one. Maybe her (Male) boss had just "told her what to do" and they really got into it and she took it out on you?

None of which excuses her reprehensible behavior of course.

Maybe the waitress had just taken her drink away even tho it had 1/8th of an inch of liquid and ice in it?

And damn, I only wish women exposing themselves to me (on purpose, that is) is an everyday occurrence. Heh heh.

@Mr. Ben--did a German really try to defend the Nazis with you? What, Hitler was a misunderstood pussycat? What was this guy's name, Franz Liebkind? Did you ever write up that story?

12:10 PM  
Anonymous KenP said...

I always knew your macho ways would get you in trouble.

Just as I knew Rob's comment would be longer than your blog.

I bet you were wearing your wife beater.

(Tongue out of cheek except for the Rob part.)

12:44 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

@KenP - It's always good to know who your friends are ... lol.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

@KenP--I was actually thinking of doing my comment as a post on my own blog, but as you've probably noticed I'm trying to do shorter posts these days, the comment was too long for my blog.

2:49 PM  
Blogger thundering36 said...

Complain. Complain. Complain. If only your admirers knew about the secret organization you joined back when you were just a wee lad.
https://vimeo.com/56718357

9:51 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

@thundering36 LOL....I don't remember that great 3 Stooges short tho I must have seen it a zillion years ago. Great Labor Day treat!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Lester said...

Wow, just effing wow... So a good line I can share is a rather simple one: who lit the fuze on your tampon?

Last night the Rob Lowe roast on Comedy Central was partially an Ann Coulter roast and at least one guy let the c-word fly referencing Ann Coulter. I have never held back on letting the c-bomb drop when it made sense and was truly needed (you can verify with my ex-wife).

7:41 AM  
Blogger norm said...

Man, what a story. Like a scene out of VEGAS.

2:25 PM  
Blogger VegasDWP said...

I just remembered something. One of Rob's comments triggered the memory - about her possibly being a regular in that room.

After she made the seat change, and ended up next to me, I overheard her chatting with the guy sitting next to her on the other side. I don't remember the exact words, but I got the impression they were BOTH regs, and I remember her saying to him something like, "...you know me, I make friends everywhere I go..."

I'm pretty sure there were one or two more regs at the table, in addition to that guy she was chatting with. What I find interesting was NONE of the regs stood up for her - neither during nor after her verbal tirade. I'm pretty sure they all think she's a total c*nt, too...

9:58 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

s.i. -- I am who I am and make no apologies for it. No, I don't let idiots run over me and am confrontational when I need to be. I do not feel terrible for losing my composure. It happened and I accept that. And no -- I am not beating myself up for sinking to her level. It's part of being a human being, not a robot.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

To be fair, my full quote was, "Lightning is the friendliest blogger out of all the woman-hating bloggers I know."

1:49 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Ha ha -- my man Jordan! : o )

2:21 PM  
Blogger thundering36 said...

You should continue to post more controversial stuff and perhaps you would outnumber TBC's viewers soon. Sending stapler, cheeseburger and pizza turner to you next week. A kiss on the lips pic of you and Ms Chang would be a daring addition to a future post.

12:18 PM  
Blogger grrouchie said...

Replies should not be longer than the OP sir
:)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home