Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Update

Happy Thanksgiving to all my online and real life poker buddies and other assorted friends!



In my job, the journey from Halloween to Thanksgiving is like a three to four week sprint -- fast and furious action! One goal is to just make it to the Thanksgiving break without feeling worn out or sick. I think I made it!


Work has been challenging in that the state of Illinois legislators and governors refuse to work together. They didn't pass a budget for last year and haven't for this year. They are anticipating not passing one until 2018. In the meantime, the state debt continues to grow, pension debt increases and public colleges and universities, as well as social service agencies cut, cut  and cut until being on the brink of disaster. My school had to not offer contracts for next year to several outstanding new faculty. Morale is low. Meh.


Being indecisive as I sometimes tend to be, I still don't know what my role at work will be come May. Either I will take on added responsibilities or will go back to my regular role I left 4 1/2 years ago. I hope to have some clarification by January.


I hope to actually make another post this holiday weekend. For now, have a great Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

Anonymous KenP said...

Happy Bird Day, my friend. The endorphins should give you temporary peace. :)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Happy Turkey Day!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home