Thursday, March 01, 2018

Going Under the Knife



In about 12 hours I will be in the hospital for some surgery that has been delayed a couple of years. Although I look forward to the results, I am, of course, concerned since there are always risks from surgery, especially when any anesthesia is administered.

The above pictures illustrate the major problem: a right eye that has been droopy for some time and has certainly gotten worse the past several years. Although not quite as bad, the left eye droops, too. This condition is called ptosis -- drooping upper eyelid. The special procedure that I am having done is ... never mind - it is kind of oogly. But while I am still employed and have already met my health insurance deductible, now is the right time to have this done.

I have no idea how much discomfort I will have afterward nor how much bruising and swelling I will have. I have already invested in a pair of glasses -- the first non-reading glasses I have had since Jimmy Carter was president -- since I likely wont be able to wear my contacts for several weeks.

I guess I will just kind of play things by ear (ha ha!) and see when I can go back to work and how much I can actually do or tolerate.

In the meantime, I will probably be depending on social media to distract me during some of my recovery time. Things certainly are easier when one is young!

I will report sometime after surgery. If I look gruesome enough, I might even post a picture. Until then ...


Post-surgery lightning

Okay - so I don't look anymore gruesome after the surgery than before. Some might say that even with the swelling, he is still a handsome devil. I would.

Thanks for reading! 

6 Comments:

Blogger Lester said...

Good luck Lightning!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Hangar18 said...

Good luck with the surgery Lightning! Hope all goes well for you.

9:27 AM  
Blogger balt999 said...

Hope your surgery goes well!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Good luck with it!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

Glad it worked out. Before you know it, you'll be back in Vegas hanging out with TBC and fighting off the ladies with a stick!

3:29 PM  
Blogger thundering36 said...

Hope you had the boobs reduced since you were there. The after photo almost makes you look older than me! Almost.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home