Saturday, June 01, 2019

Heading Out to Las Vegas Today 😁😁😁😁

After seemingly endless days of gritty work, I finally got some time off to go to Las Vegas. My flight boards in a half hour and I am more than ready to go. I found out the flight is completely sold out, but not overbooked. Wanting to gamble a tad here (he he), I got my name first on the bump list. I haven't gotten bumped for some time, so why not today? It would be nice to get a win before taking off.

However, my big news is that I officially turned in my notice of retirement at work. It is still over a year away (July 2020), but exciting and scary to do so nonetheless. By the time I retire, I will have put in 26 years with my current employer and a total of 38 years in higher education.  For the first time since I was five years old, I will not be going to or working at a school. I will finally  graduate!

But back to Las Vegas. I will be in town playing cash games until next Friday. Let me know if you want to meet up or get a drink or a meal. I have a few plans and hope for some good times.

I believe this is the first time I ever posted by phone. It was not as terrible as I thought. I just might write a post or two this next week.

Cheers, and thanks for reading. 😃


3 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Heck of a statement: "For the first time since I was five years old, I will not be going to or working at a school. I will finally graduate!"

Best of luck in Vegas!

6:26 AM  
Blogger The Neophyte said...

Good luck in Vegas. Wish I was going too.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Good luck in Vegas and have fun!!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home